• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Rules School on OB

OB_line.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words, I will need to print this to show peoplethat touching the OB line does not mean that it is inbounds, it actually has to be touching grass that is inbounds.

It's easy to understand looking at the pictures with a big wide OB, but sometimes the OB is just 'estimated' between flags or it's a string/thin line. It gets a little more subjective in those instances.

Great explanation. I'm printing this out and putting it in bag...because someone is ALWAYS confused about this.

i think i need to print these out and hand them to everyone i usually play with.

Once you've marked your 1 meter relief from the OB line, can your supporting point (a foot presumably) be outside of that 1 meter distance? I think the answer is yes, just making sure I have it right.

And as a practical concern, is it generally accepted to pace off the distance using your shoes? 3 shoe lengths = 1 meter?

Depends on your shoe size but for size 9, I go three shoe lengths plus 4-5 inches to get the full meter. And yes, your supporting point positions are in reference to the marker. As long as the marker is properly positioned up to one meter, that's all that matters.

Depends on your shoe size but for size 9, I go three shoe lengths plus 4-5 inches to get the full meter. And yes, your supporting point positions are in reference to the marker. As long as the marker is properly positioned up to one meter, that's all that matters.

Excellent, thanks for the clarification. Now I'm good to go :thmbup: