• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New tech. is hurting my score

craftsman

* Ace Member *
So since I've had the Internet (1 month) I've been soaking up the advice. I've been going to the field all the time to practice the bent arm technique and am seeing results buy it's hurting my league scores. Is this teqnique only for acheiving distance? I've had to gear up from my flx buzzz to z and cryztal. Also how can you tell when a flx buzzz is getting beat- it still looks good, no chips just grass stains- I've been using it all season( at least 3 times a week, 12 of 18 holes). Any tips on bent arm would be helpful too

Bent arm? Are you throwing side arm? A better description is needed.

A disc is beat up when it no longer flies as you want it. It will often get what is called flippy. It will want to fly to the right (RHBH) all the time.

I'm more a fan of the standard straight reach back method. I think the trick is developing a routine or rhythm that translates to from the field to the course. Distance is nothing w/o accuracy, so when you hit the field try and hit golf lines with your throws instead of distance lines.

A buzzz is real flippy, so even when its not beat in it will turn over on a hard throw IMO. FLX Buzzz should be good for a while its tough plastic so unless you are hitting a bunch of trees every round really hard I would assume the disc is following its natural inclination.

Bent arm? Are you throwing side arm? A better description is needed.

A disc is beat up when it no longer flies as you want it. It will often get what is called flippy. It will want to fly to the right (RHBH) all the time.

Best def. on discgolfreview.com or the Dan beato video everyone is talking about

Last edited:
It takes time to learn a new technique, keep practicing and learn what works best for you... in other words don't worry so much about your overall score!

It takes time to learn a new technique, keep practicing and learn what works best for you... in other words don't worry so much about your overall score!

I agree. I am in the same position right now. it will take time to learn the new moves, but focus more of accuracy when incorporating new things into your throw, the distance will come with time.

anytime you tweak something expect to take one step back in order to take 2 steps forward.

You'll get worse before you get better. What happens is your consistancy goes down while you're learning to throw a new way, but when you get it figured out and all incorporated, you'll have as good, if not better consistancy with more control and distance.

Latest posts