• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

Don't I get a free Comet for leading the DGCR chosen people out of Exodus?

Hello all! My name is Nate. I live in the Quad Cities (on the Iowa side) where disc golf courses are in vast quantities. This is a good thing because there is nothing else to do! I have been playing disc golf for 6 years but didnt start playing every chance I got until the last 3 years. I need to move to a better climate where I can continue to play year round. I havent played in 3 weeks and have had trouble sleeping at night, not eating well, vomiting, diarrhea ... you get the picture.

Favorite Drivers - Teebird, Boss, Destroyer, Katana, starfire

Favorite Midrange - BUZZZ

Favorite Putters - Wizard, Magic, KC anytime

I love collecting KC pro discs (especially Teebirds, Rocs and Aviars) so if you have any, let me know. I have few discs in my collection that I am willing to trade and sell. Peaces! :?

Jim from Baltimore here; long time listener, first time caller. Been playing for disc golf for 8 months, previous ultimate player. Completely addicted. Found a ton of useful info on this site, and appreciate all of it.

One

J-Bolt said:
Jim from Baltimore here; long time listener, first time caller. Been playing for disc golf for 8 months, previous ultimate player. Completely addicted. Found a ton of useful info on this site, and appreciate all of it.

One

Hi Jim!

Baltimore eh?? Do you play at druid much? There is a weekly triples tourney there (weighted random draw) and it's a great time. It's currently on hiatus for the winter but resumes 3/18/2010. For more information.

Feel free to pm me with any questions about disc golf in the Baltimore area.

Welcome to the best bored in town.

Al from Marietta GA has arrived on this here board. Disc golf is great, and I think this is the best technique site on the web. I've been playing abour 4 years and the training and tutorial sections are top notch. I try to tell all new players to check it out to read for themselves. Just read the article on pitch putting yesterday and tried it out at the course last night and I think it might change my game dramatically, as my putting seems to go from hot to cold at the whim of the disc golf gods. I WILL GET CONTROL OF MY PUTTS DAMMIT!

Hello All,

Everyone calls me Snapp. Located in Central NC and constantly destroys Frank Delicious in disc golf. :wink:

Been playing almost 4 years now and absolutely love this game! Play in any event I can but when you're married with two kids and disc golf came after the vows, it's hard to play as much as I would like to. :D

Glad to be a part of the Disc Golf Review family.

SnappCracklePop said:
Hello All,

Everyone calls me Snapp. Located in Central NC and constantly destroys Frank Delicious in disc golf. :wink:

Been playing almost 4 years now and absolutely love this game! Play in any event I can but when you're married with two kids and disc golf came after the vows, it's hard to play as much as I would like to. :D

Who approved your account? I specifically told the other mods to keep you off the forum.

SnappCracklePop said:
Hello All,

I hear ya, I have two kids and I have to sneak away from work at lunch to get rounds in. Glad to have you here.

emiller3 said:
SnappCracklePop said:
Hello All,

I hear ya, I have two kids and I have to sneak away from work at lunch to get rounds in. Glad to have you here.

Same boat here. I'd hardly be getting out at all these days if it weren't for sneaking in a quick 9-12 holes at noon.

Hi there,

I'm Jussi, and I've been playing since last summer. Probably only played around 20-30 rounds and only on two courses, but when you're a student and the two nearest courses are 30 and 45 miles away it's kinda hard to get any rounds in. Luckily my city is getting a course this coming summer, so I'll finally be able to play regularly, most likely I'm going to be one of the founding members of the local dg club.

Hiho,

my name is Sam and i am from Switzerland. I am 30 and married.

I used to play Ultimate Frisbee between 1996 and 2003, then i got lazy :) I recently rediscovered my love for the plastic and started golfing in September 2009.

So far, i am finding styles and practicing. I drive 300 feet in a somewhat straight line, but i can not yet throw further than 350. I am still experimenting with drivers, atm i have a Avenger as stable disc, orion ls as a straight disc and i ordered valkyries and roadrunners for understable discs, but have not recieved them yet. I have not yet found a putting style that i feel comfortable with, but working on it :) I will play my first real tournament on the second weekend of march, hope to start with a rating around 900.

Hello hello!

I am Tuomas and I be from kuopio, finland. Got tempted into the sport around couple of months ago by my friend jubuttib and been practicing throwing semi actively ever since, even though we have 2-3 feet of snow(we're throwing on a parking lot of the local department store). Can't wait for summer so I can actually hit a course for some actual playing. Got off to a pretty good start with my technique by reading stuff on here which has been very helpful for which I am very thankful. If there's anyone else from around kuopio, chime in, would be fun to have more folks to go throwing with :)

Latest posts