• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the sport from Pittsburgh

Blobfish

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hi, I was looking for something to do with a houseguest, and saw the course at Seven Springs, and thought maybe I'll give disc golf a try... I mean, I liked Frisbee golf in school... like 25 years ago. So I bought the Innova 3 disc starter set and we went out to play Schenley, and it was crazy fun even though we had none of the correct technique (or even threw at the correct hole on the very first hole!) I haven't been this hooked on something new but a few times in my whole life. It's something I can do with my kids (already did, they have their own innova sharks), it offers a challenge, can be done in any weather, gets me out and about, and unlike ball golf, takes much less time and is way cheaper! Let's just say I love it so much that even though my very first round was just nine days ago and I'm on vacation in Hilton Head, I got up early to ride my bike over to the 1-star rated Hover Links course down here and had a blast. Anyway, I plan to read a lot of what you guys have posted on this site so I just wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me add my welcome as well. I am from Latrobe, and end up playing in Monroeville or Pittsburgh a lot since there really isn't much around me. If you ever want to throw a round, let me know!

I live here in Pittsburgh as well. Feel free to reach out to the local club (the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society) and like them on facebook. The area courses have leagues almost every day of the week, so come out and have some fun. Welcome to the addiction!

Welcome to a great sport! I am still pretty new myself and loving the improvements I have seen from practice, using tips gleaned from this forum, etc.

Welcome to the game. You're in a wonderful area for disc golf. Say hi to Moraine and Deer Lakes for me!

Thanks for the welcomes! I am still such a n00b, but having fun learning. People look at me kinda funny when i take my discs to the high school football field to get an idea of how my discs fly :) I should probably spend more time learning the proper way to throw as well after reading some of the crazy numbers I see folks write about for their drives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk