• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko back to Gateway?

He should go to Discraft. The Focus is like the Wizard right?

Focus looks exactly the same but not sure it flies the same.

They fly mostly the same, but pro D is just so bad compared to Gateway plastic, in my opinion.

I've only thrown the Ace Race Focii and they do look identical but IME the Focus had much more noticeable turn in it than a good Wizard should have, and a little less fade also.

Yeah, less stable and less glide in my opinion. They didn't handle power as well and weren't as long at the same power level.

He should've got a blank wizard, snuck into innova, and got it stamped as an aviar.

He should have "found" a box of "10x Aviars" (read: Wizards) in the warehouse and had them stamped before they left the factory.

I like how everyone seems to forget Nikko won his First A tier of the year GCC with all Innova seemed like no putter problems. He did indeed have wizards by worlds but he had already informed innova that he was out be cause like he said up top he needs to do him

He needs to "do him?" He needs to masturbate? Man, his back problems must have been more serious than we thought. :|

I like how everyone seems to forget Nikko won his First A tier of the year GCC with all Innova seemed like no putter problems. He did indeed have wizards by worlds but he had already informed innova that he was out be cause like he said up top he needs to do him

Thanks for the info Paul. Nobody does Nikko like Nikko.

this game is as much between the ears as any other sport. Having a clear mind has to be worth strokes. It is for me and I am no where near the skill level of the top touring pros. More power to nikko. Get yo head right the game will follow!

I would say that Gateway specialized in putters and that is the way things sometimes go and that is the advancement of the game and their materials that they use change up the game for putters, it is like using the old school rubber basket balls vs. the new grippy leather ones.

Also, what is unfortunate about having a mixed bag is that if Nikko keeps on winning using the Destroyer, Innova gets the free press and does Nikko actually benefit from using their product? Although it is his choice, but it is unfortunate that he doesn't benefit financially by using Innova or Discraft discs. I can be totally wrong on this, maybe they do pass on something but not they don't officially sponsor him.

Or it could be hes just used Gateway for so ****ing long it's hard to get accustomed to someone new.

Can you explain to me why Climo has won 12x?(13 including the masters win)

Probably not, because you're clearly a moron.
If you have played enough, you would notice that it does take some adjustments to a disc, Climo had years and years of using the Aviars, I am guessing, but if he were to change to something different that he doesn't use for a putter, that would have an affect on him. When you get used to knowing how your disc flys and the muscle memory that you develop for it is uncanny...the grip, the feel and the flight pattern sometimes go hand in hand...ingrained muscle memory over years and years. Nikko has only been using the Aviar for less than a year and that isn't long enough to get accustomed to a disc especially when it is your putter...and you know what they say about opinions = ) I have mine

If you have played enough, you would notice that it does take some adjustments to a disc, Climo had years and years of using the Aviars, I am guessing, but if he were to change to something different that he doesn't use for a putter, that would have an affect on him. When you get used to knowing how your disc flys and the muscle memory that you develop for it is uncanny...the grip, the feel and the flight pattern sometimes go hand in hand...ingrained muscle memory over years and years. Nikko has only been using the Aviar for less than a year and that isn't long enough to get accustomed to a disc especially when it is your putter...and you know what they say about opinions = ) I have mine

Dude, you agreed with me, this is exactly what I was saying.

Nikko was so accustomed to wizards that the switch was difficult for him.

:|

Dude, you agreed with me, this is exactly what I was saying.

Nikko was so accustomed to wizards that the switch was difficult for him.

:|
That was a little weird, this is the first time I am posting on this site, it was supposed to be for another post. Anyway, I agree

That's exactly what I was saying a couple pages back. But everyone here is convinced pro's can shoot 1050 rated rounds with any disc made, but they are human and can't. Sorry to burst all of your bubbles.

Anyway, I'm proud for Nikko. Maybe he will start tearing it up again!

I like how everyone seems to forget Nikko won his First A tier of the year GCC with all Innova seemed like no putter problems. He did indeed have wizards by worlds but he had already informed innova that he was out be cause like he said up top he needs to do for him
Did you guys claiming that he's not the same without Wizards miss this post? I guess Nikko battling a back injury most of the year had nothing to do with his poor play either? I guess you don't need your back to throw the bombs that Nikko does? For that matter, do you also not need it for consistent long putting (another Nikko specialty).

Since you refuse to accept that pros can adapt to anything, how do you explain Nikko's most dominant play being done with Magics instead of Wizards? They are completely different putters in both feel and flight (Aviars and Wizards are a lot closer). If he could adjust to them as quickly as he did after coming from Wizards, and play better with them than he ever had prior to that, then how could he not adapt to Aviars coming from Wizards? If you've read, heard, or seen anything about how Nikko practices, then you know he throws several shots when most people often only throw one. With all those throws, how hard would it be for someone at the top of the sport, and with his dedication, to change a mold? Not hard at all.

The bottom line here is that there has to be a lot more going on with why Nikko left Innova than him just not liking a putter. I also imagine it's the reason why he didn't give a concrete answer when the person from earlier in the thread said he messaged him personally.

Paul, if you had to switch to putting with Wizards, would it affect you at all? How long would it take you to get used to them?

Just wondering.

I would have no problem.... I switched from DX aviars to magnets back to DX to KC back to DX again and now with KC my only problem is finding the right firmness in plastic. the problem with nikko I believe is coming back from an injury its tough to have confidence in yourself when your scared to throw or putt due to pain and when your fearful of that your confidence lacks. So finding his confidence could have been a simple as going back to the old faithfuls in wizards where he knows he has won titles before

Latest posts