• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon is better than your favorite course

I wanna come on the trip. Dang. Life is rough. :(

Don't let me know how good the courses are :(

Nockamixon is missed

I went from living 35 minutes away to thousands of miles away from this gem of a course. I have to agree, Nockamixon is better than your favorite course. Here's why. Where else can you go where you can get incredible nature (I've seen many of deer, snakes, and other assorted wildlife, along with crazy elevation) a hanging basket, ridiculous views of a lake while throwing a shot that could roll down a big hill at the same time, a course that will kick you in the balls if you try to overpower it and not just work down the fairways that sits on some of the most unique land around? Nowhere that I've been. This will be one of the courses I play when I come back and visit sometime this summer, twice or three times (not in the same day). Every hole is difficult, every hole is fair, and many can literally break you.

Nockamixon is one of the best ten courses in the country. I am taking a 12 state, 2 canadian province road trip in July and we are going 4 hours out of the way just to play Nockamixon. Worth every dollar of gas! I was stunned by how low the ratings for that course are.

Agree with this.

It's gotta be pretty darn special to beat out Hawk Hollow, Blackjack and Flyboy. I'm looking forward to getting out there on this road trip. It's gonna be a hell of a good time with a lot of good courses.

I agree with this. I think I may get to 100 courses played.

Where else can you go where you can get incredible nature (I've seen many of deer, snakes, and other assorted wildlife, along with crazy elevation) a hanging basket, ridiculous views of a lake while throwing a shot that could roll down a big hill at the same time, a course that will kick you in the balls if you try to overpower it and not just work down the fairways that sits on some of the most unique land around?

Stoney Hill.

Well now, this certainly ramps up my showdown with Nockamixon in two weeks. To be honest out of all the courses we are planning to play Paw Paw still excites me the most; but from what I've heard about Nockamixon from several course baggers on the site I sure am ready to get there and see what the fuss is about.

I will say that if Nockamixon is better than my favorite courses it better be one hell of a course. Just to crack my Top 5 at this point will certainly be a chore. If only we could fit Maple Hill in on this trip to truly give it a comparison.

Just got back from 4 days at Paw Paw. So epic. Nocky is on my list of Northern Courses I need to hit.

I'm not making any claim that Stoney Hill is better than Nockamixon. I suspect it's not. In fact, I'd rate Nockamixon a 5 based on photos alone, if it weren't a breech of site protocol.

But that list of attributes, including the hanging basket, struck me as a pretty close description of Stoney Hill, too. We've got the wildlife, the view of a lake (or pond) on a hill that you can roll down, the hanging basket of course, a chance to get chewed up if you don't stay in control, plentiful elevation, and unique property---as least in terms of variety of terrain.

Although Stoney Hill sounds like a cool name for a course, there may be a subconscious negative deep in players' minds, i.e., not wanting to throw onto stony hills. ;)

Although Stoney Hill sounds like a cool name for a course, there may be a subconscious negative deep in players' minds, i.e., not wanting to throw onto stony hills. ;)

There is another connotation, sometimes associated with disc golfers, which we did not foresee.

(Stoney Hill is the name of the community, and an apt description of the land. And, no doubt, you're right, so that it's no place to test out DX plastic if you want to later sell it as "like new".)

Nockamixon does have rocks
love it hate it
they force many a standstill shot
part of why it has help produce a couple of the best mpo and fpo players

Ive come to realize not everyone likes to be challenged

I'm not making any claim that Stoney Hill is better than Nockamixon. I suspect it's not. In fact, I'd rate Nockamixon a 5 based on photos alone, if it weren't a breech of site protocol.

But that list of attributes, including the hanging basket, struck me as a pretty close description of Stoney Hill, too. We've got the wildlife, the view of a lake (or pond) on a hill that you can roll down, the hanging basket of course, a chance to get chewed up if you don't stay in control, plentiful elevation, and unique property---as least in terms of variety of terrain.

I'll happily make that claim. Nocky is a very good course, but Stoney Hill blows it out of the water in variety and fun factor and is maybe a minor step down in difficulty.

mash your opinion is invalid imo

i surmise nocky didnt have the requisite signage, multiple concrete tees, attainable birdies/pars for an avg player, and you got beat up a bit out there

that being said Im sure stoney hill is fun albeit not s gold level champ course

I do hope to play stoney someday

Latest posts