• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon is better than your favorite course

So Nocky is better than my favorite course b/c it's really, really hard. That adds up.

*Designs course where every basket is guarded by a little Mario castle, with moats and yards of briers everywhere*

*watches as the 5 star reviews come rolling in*

So Nocky is better than my favorite course b/c it's really, really hard. That adds up.

*Designs course where every basket is guarded by a little Mario castle, with moats and yards of briers everywhere*

*watches as the 5 star reviews come rolling in*

mario castle would be awesome

hard does not equal good

easy does not equal bad

there are ways to design/ maintain an extremely difficult course well

there are ways to design a simpler course to be fun and interesting

Im poking mash with an internet stick cause I personally disagree with his review and rating but its his opinion which hes entitled to but I dont have to respect and luckily not everyone does

mash your opinion is invalid imo

i surmise nocky didnt have the requisite signage, multiple concrete tees, attainable birdies/pars for an avg player, and you got beat up a bit out there

that being said Im sure stoney hill is fun albeit not s gold level champ course

I do hope to play stoney someday

I'm going to ignore the personal attack and persecution complex and try to respond to what I think your points are. You're pretty misinformed about where my ratings come from. I mention tees and signs in my reviews, but they're a tiny portion of the actual rating. My rating is almost entirely based on hole variety and challenge (challenge being a different thing from difficulty). Stoney Hill beats Nocky on those things. I enjoy gold level courses, but I also really enjoy well designed blue level courses. I had no problem hitting the fairways at Nocky, my game off the tee is actually quite well suited to that style of course (though my score suffered a bit due to my atrocious putting). The tees and signs at Stoney Hill are pretty similar overall to what's at Nocky, in both cases it's a small negative but in neither case did it actually change the rating.

You may want to take a step back, I realize that Nocky is your baby but if you can't handle reading reviews without taking them personally or being willing to accept that no course is perfect and there's always some valid criticism to be made then perhaps you shouldn't be reading them. Like I said above, it's a very good course, one I would certainly play again if I were in the area, but it's not perfect.

I've played Hawk Hollow, Tyler, Nocky, Blockhouse, Ptap and Iron Hill. All are great courses. All of them can kick your butt every which way and then some.

I played the Green Monster and yes, it was difficult and a great all around course. Was it so demanding that I was completely exhausted, no. I actually wanted to play a second round of the GMonster and see if I could better my score.

I've played both Blockhouse courses back to back. I was extremely impressed by both courses and look forward to playing them again this year. Were they so demanding that I was exhausted, no. They had a good balance of shots. There was no time where I was thinking to myself, how in the world do I pull this off. You could always salvage a par from almost anywhere.

I play regularly at Tyler. When Tyler is at it's farthest layout (everything in C) it is a very demanding course. It can beat you down until you're exhausted. But you can always play another round. The elevation is not that demanding that your body is completely toasted.

That being said, there are only three courses that have completely drained me both mentally and physically, Hawk Hollow, Nocky and Iron Hill. HH is a top notch course and I love playing it every year. I look forward to getting my butt kicked and trying to better my score every year. Iron Hill is without a doubt a beast. From the gold tees Iron Hill is one of the hardest, most demanding courses I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I know I'm going to have a blast when I go play Iron Hill. Nocky is a beast of another kind. Nocky is without a doubt the hardest course I've played. Not only is it physically demanding but it is mentally demanding as well. You encounter so many different types of shots that require pin point accuracy with extreme distance. All the other courses listed demand the same but allow you to atleast have a run up. There are so many holes that limit your ability to have a run up that you better have a stand still shot that is both powerful and accurate. There is no other course that requires that with the elevation challeges that Nocky has....at least not on the East Coast.

*checks opti's courses played list*

*confirms that opti is officially a troll*

*checks opti's courses played list*

*confirms that opti is officially a troll*

sometimes

but Nockamixon deserves better than it gets around these parts

As for Mash...I respect your efforts and probably would get along with you in person but for some reason on here We are arch nemesis lol

Nocky is notmy baby its the work of a lot of dedicated dgers from inception to present day

My only real point is that its better than advertised on this site and most who have played top 50 dgcr courses place it easily in their top 10

My only real point is that its better than advertised on this site and most who have played top 50 dgcr courses place it easily in their top 10
Oh so now it MIGHT make my top 10?

actually we will force you to list it as #1 and if u dont you will be buried in one of the boulder fields or ponds

I've seen it on a bunch of Disc Golf Monthlies ... not that impressed honestly, looks like boring/repetitive/tedious throwing through the woods golf :\

... now Flyboy is where it's at! :thmbup:

I can get on board with this logic :D

But really, I'm sure all the NE courses are fantastic, can't wait to get to them one day. I'm relatively certain Flyboy will always be my #1 not necessarily for the golf purely but because of the memories that I have made at the course. There's a lot of great golf all over the country, hard to say what is "best" without having played everything.

its funny we always laugh at how horrendous woods golf looks on video

Im not sure its possible to portray a wooded course fairly on video

Iron Hill, Nocky etc all make for less than amazing dgmonthly episodes

I can get on board with this logic :D

But really, I'm sure all the NE courses are fantastic, can't wait to get to them one day. I'm relatively certain Flyboy will always be my #1 not necessarily for the golf purely but because of the memories that I have made at the course. There's a lot of great golf all over the country, hard to say what is "best" without having played everything.

you need to go to Paw Paw. for realz.

Like I said, the courses up there look awesome. Can't wait to do a run of the Virginias and up thru NE. Gonna be a year or two before I get that chance tho.

Pretty sure Paw Paw would make me cry but i'd like it anyways. Looks awesome.

Like I said, the courses up there look awesome. Can't wait to do a run of the Virginias and up thru NE. Gonna be a year or two before I get that chance tho.

Pretty sure Paw Paw would make me cry but i'd like it anyways. Looks awesome.

it will punish you. physically and mentally. but if my fat ass can play 3 rds out there in one day. im sure you could manage. the scenery is unmatched by anything i have played. the fact it takes 25 minutes of winding roads through nowhere to get there says something. and no cell reception was another huge bonus.

it will punish you. physically and mentally. but if my fat ass can play 3 rds out there in one day. im sure you could manage. the scenery is unmatched by anything i have played. the fact it takes 25 minutes of winding roads through nowhere to get there says something. and no cell reception was another huge bonus.

Sounds awesome. I love courses like that. I've done 100+ holes in a day a couple of times so I could handle it, although i'd be ready to collapse after.

I may actually be coming thru the carolinas in the next month or two, not sure on the exact route yet tho.

Sounds awesome. I love courses like that. I've done 100+ holes in a day a couple of times so I could handle it, although i'd be ready to collapse after.

I may actually be coming thru the carolinas in the next month or two, not sure on the exact route yet tho.

yeah, for me it wasnt the throws, it was the terrain. lots of climbs, and not great footing for some of the walks around ravines etc. but the courses are fun. people complain about the tightness, I dont think its unfair. there are lines, you just have to hit them. even the gauntlet isnt unfair. but that stretch on the woodshed, (3-6) will have you crying uncle.