• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob friendly DG Primer, sticky worthy?

noob friendly DG Primer, sticky worthy?

• Yep

Votes: 64 68.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Yeah but I'd add more to it.

Votes: 21 22.3%

• Total voters
A guide to DG etiquette would be nice, but maybe you just have to be born with etiquette.

Or, "Top 10 ways to NOT be a Douche while playing disc golf"....or something...

As far as physically playing DG goes, there is a lot of great stuff here. Exellent info. I wish I could have had stuff like this all in one place when I actually started caring enough to look for it.

I'm all for this. This could turn into something that could be submitted or sent to EDGE for teaching adolescents how to play. Catch 'em early and there won't be bags of douche all over the course. :gross:

BrotherDave's Ten Commandments of DG.

10. Thou shalt let better/faster players play through.
9. Thou shalt not talk during other's throws/putts.
8. Honor thy teebox rotation, previous hole's winner drives first and so on.
7. Thou shalt not write/tag/sign baskets or signs.
6. Thou shalt not throw until players in front of you are holed out or 150% out of your range and will not be bothered or notice your throw. But mostly wait if you can.
5. Thou shalt not litter! Cigarette butts and your dog's poop included.
4. Remember thou strokes and to keep them honest.
3. Thou shalt not "smoke" without seeking the approval of thy card members.
2. Thou shalt not be a fun suck, disc golf is supposed to be fun for all, not just you.
1. Thou shalt not steal*

*for further clarification, consult the search feature. :hfive:

How's that?

EricJ's knowledge bomb RE: beads

bead_describe.jpg

Compare Beads:
bead_compare.jpg

Big Bead:
bead_big.jpg

Small Bead:
bead_small.jpg

No Bead:
bead_none.jpg

this is EPIC, I only wish it was around when I started I'd have been months ahead of the learning curve I was on.

i think something about dg shoes should be included. how many times a week do we see a new thread called "would these be good for dg?" or " whatd the best dg shoe?", etc.

^I agree but shoes are a pretty subjective subject. Some people like boots, some like tennis shoes, some even like Vibram Five Fingers or sandals. All you can really say is that most people prefer something with thick soles to withstand concrete pads, which explains why most people gravitate towards Merrells and Keens.

I'll wear Tevas a lot in the summer[especially at Ann Mo/Boise, where a wade in the creek is almost a given], but they've got to be battened down, else they'll move around under your foot torque. In the wet of Pier Park/Portland in winter, I've got a pair of mid-ankle Merrells. In MS, so far its been sandal weather this winter.