• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Super DG Me - 1000 for 30

it wont be all that putting that will fatigue your body, it will be going back and picking up those missed putts off the ground, so my adivice is, dont miss, stretch that lower back as much as you can, and Alieve works well. Good Luck!

If you can hit a 25 foot putt after you have done knocked out push-ups, sit-ups, wind sprints, whatever, then your mental game is spot on.

Kinda like a runners' high. When you push through that physical barrier forcing your body to perform even though you are exhausted, you will discover that you were never really tired at all. Very "zen"

i like this advice, and do it with my drives, i like to do light weight lifting until i get a good lactic acid built up in the arms and then go throw, sometimes, but not all the time.
when i played Basketball we use to do this and then have to go shoot free throws, and boy does it help, so it can translate to putting.

Another idea would be tohave stations setup with 10 discs at a time ormaybe 100 so the trips are less frequent

I agree with the advice to take each time to center yourself before you putt but I haven't been a fan of treating each putt like it is a tourney winner. For me I want every putt to be the same, physically and mentally. I want my puts on hole 3 round 1 to matter just as much as the tourney winners. I think of every putt as just that, a putt. My goal is to put the disc in the basket. I'm not worried about what hole it is, how many previous throws I have had on that that hole already or anything else. The only thing I am thinking about is getting the disc to stay in the chains. Practice, rounds for fun, or tournaments, I am putting the disc in the chains.
I understand that some putts are "more important" than others but when I start thinking about that I end up psyching myself out. Its just a putt so put it in the chains! haha

There's no way I could throw 1000 "tourney style" putts in a day. My rounds of PP360 I've been using a single disc, walking to the basket, resetting each putt, breathing, focusing, committing and putting. A single game of PP360 took me about 2 hours (with dinner between rounds), at least 45 minutes/50 putts.

Going into this, my attitude towards putting practice has always been to treat every putt as a pressure putt - and I knew that rapid firing 10 discs at a time would not give me this. But in refining my form and analyzing what each minor change is doing to the disc, for most sets of 100 I've been getting into the "zone" been in that "zen" state for maybe 10-20 of the putts. Having so much time to focus on what is happening mentally and physically is going to be beneficial.

On another note, I haven't woken up this sore in a while - feels great :D.

Super DG me - Day 3
(2pm)
It's been a while since I've been this sore in the morning. Putting is a lot of work. The first putt of the day is the hardest. 30mph gusting -15F windchill is great for working on the mental game. 91 in a row from 15' (inside). How the F do you putt into the wind? 2/10, 2/10, 3/10, 5/10, 6/10 from 15' into a 25mph wind. So I was improving by the end, there must be some relation to improved putting and frozen fingers. 90% from 20' with the wind though. 520 putts down - time to see how this wind treats us at the course.

What have I learned today?

35mph wind and -10F windchill (10F air temp) might be a great atmosphere to refine your mental game if you have a strong one. A weak mental game attempting to grow might just collapse under the pressure.

I do not know how to putt into a headwind. I asked the question yesterday. And I found the answer I need over the last 36 hours. Somebody isn't going to be able to tell me - but a couple thousand putts into it will probably help.

Wind whistling outside I head out into the yard to work this out. 20 putts later I head back inside - weak mental game or not, that kind of torture is not worth it. Give me a chance to explain - I'm a northerner, I don't mind the cold weather, blizzards, wind, cold, snow, rain, or.. weather in general does not keep me off the course But my hand spends 95% of it's time in a glove or in a pocket with a hand warmer. At the practice basket it's the inverse, I need my fingers for this putting thing.

Something clicked today, somewhere around putt 400 - I've had it before months ago, but I let it slip away, I need to hold onto it - (I just tried explaining it in words, but couldn't). The stats will speak for themselves - I've been contemplating if a perfect 360 might be possible. After today, I believe it is, missing only 4 putts the first round, and 8 the second. I'm going to add it to my goal list: Throw a perfect game of PP360.

Data.

15' - 300
20' - 300
25' - 300

PP360

124+91=215 (Compared to yesterday's 79+67=146)

10' - 100%
15' - 95%
20' - 95%
25' - 75%
30' - 75%

Still going strong on this Martin?

As strong as I can - life has been catching up with me, I've only been able to average about 600 putts the last few days and the next few days are going to be tough, but I'm going to keep trying to get at least 500 a day, and hopefully once the weekend is past I'll be able to get back to 1000 a day.

I've had some decent showings at the course, Monday I didn't miss a single putt inside the circle, shooting a -6. Yesterday on the other hand I hardly hit any putts outside of 15'. Still lots of work ahead.

Keep it up, Martin! :thmbup: :popcorn:

You've inspired me to go out and actually do some putting practice of my own, although nothing crazy like you're doing. :thmbup:

After a rather hectic weekend of no putting practice, I got back into a routine of 500/day, then got a full 1000 in today before I headed out to the course for a round. I had been in a slump, until I got that full 1000 in - then putting on the course came almost easy. So, I just need 1000 practice putts before a round... or something like that. -6 at the course today, not quite my best, but I felt good about it, especially my putting and approach game, I had a few drives get away from me.

The next few days are looking good as far as time to get 1000/day.

Cannot even imagine having that kinda time, even at the reduced rate of 500 putts/day.

i think what you should take from this is that you can't push it that hard without resting. the mental drive is right, but you need to give your body a chance to rest and recover. maybe 100 putts a day, 5 days a week and play rounds. add more or less from there

i push putt! straddle like barry shultz

i try to do 250 a day. still makes my legs sore getting into that stance for 25putts and then collecting the bucket....do it 10times takes about 15minutes if i rush it. i think it is building my balance/strength and ability to make putts while fatigued.

I also include the need to make 25 in a row currently at 20feet but need to move out to 22feet next session i got 48 in a row the other day. u miss u start over. so far i can do this about every other day. works on your routine and concentrating on making that important 23, 24, 25th putt...

careful not to running man yourself...that is zone out while in the zone and just make stuff...work on it and i'm telling you people notice. i made back to back putts outside the circle and trust me that would never happen to me before i started this 250 a day.

how is your percentage of turbo putts made from 20feet......I'm almost at 60%.....turbos might allow u to run it more with dangerous ob if you miss using rhbh.....I figure worst thing about improving all types is you win a few games of pig.

For those of you doing this, and doing over a couple hundred putts a day. I STRONGLY suggest you buy a scepter. It's amazing how much longer I can practice putting/driving when I don't have to bend over to pick the discs up.

Day 15
Halfway point of experiment

After 800 putts (400 inside, 400 outside) the conditions were prime to see where my skills have progressed to. A gentle breeze and a mild 32 degrees at Bancroft. I maintained focus for nearly the entire 2 rounds, putting together the best 36 holes I've played out there. My putting confidence was like none I've ever had before. Not perfect, but close. A couple small lapses in focus led to an occasional missed opportunity, but the opportunities that I capitalized on way outnumbered the mistakes, not a single 3 putt, and an occasional spectacular save gave me a bogey free 36 holes at -13.

I'm feeling very good about where this experiment is taking me, I have definitely felt it has been worth it thus far and am looking forward to seeing where another 15 days will lead me.