• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob Looking for Help

Sounds like you are taking the right approach. Hang on to the Avenger SS and Nuke SS. You'll probably like them both in just a few months once you are able to shape all the shots you can with your Buzzz. The Nuke SS for me just flies great on whatever plane I put it on. The Avenger SS makes a good roller for when you start learning those.

I was throwing the NukeSS in the vid I posted into the heavy wind. I'm sure I don't throw it hard enough as it and the Avenger both will give me a nice S curve if I put a little anhyzer on them. The Nuke in the vid dipped to the right on its own before coming back.

I'm going to work on ripping the buzz out past 300 before I buy the Leopard and Teebird. I'll probably stop by a real disc shop and hold and buy a few more putters and a more stable mid to go with the roc and buzzz. I've been getting my new discs from Academy, for the most part, and their selection is quite limited.

Distance is all in the hips. I've only been playing for a few months but when I started using my hips and legs instead of my arms, instantly more distance. It takes practice, but it helps.

I actually went to the gym the night before I knew I was gonna go practice, I worked my obliques, abs, legs, and hips a lot so they would be sore the next day. So when I went to practice, I knew when I was using my hips and legs! It worked pretty well.

All the info people are giving you are great so far. Especially about burning the groove. If I were you I'd try to go find your local pro. He/she will give you far better pointers than any video out there. Also play rounds with other people (preferably people who are better than you), and watch their form, style, power, release all these things. Also ask questions; don't be afraid to ask what disc they used or how to X step. Generally good golfers = good people and they will be willing to help. Best of luck and may your new addiction be, so to say, addicting.

I'd also like a recommendation on another approach/putter that's a bit more firm than a R-Pro Aviar for longer shots. Something that has a lip like the buzz would be nice.

KC pro Aviar very firm and the best putter Innova makes.

Yeah, if you're looking to stick with the same mold, the KC Pro Aviar is great.

I agree that you really need to disc down and stick with slower fairway drivers until you develop some solid technique. Teebirds, TLs, and Cheetahs are all great beginner (and beyond) discs, IMO.

I couldn't resist the urge to go check out a place who has a decent selection of plastic. I left with a star Leopard 175, star Teebird 171 , Pro kc Aviar 175, and an edge wedge 139 for the little one who likes to go with me sometimes.

This has to be one of the cheapest hobbies I've been around in the past 10 yrs. R/C Airplanes/Helis, ball golf, R/C cars/trucks, bar hopping. I should be set for months with what I have now.

so much for that comment. Went out again during lunch and lost a disc to a pond. The wind was whipping pretty good and I was throwing 2-3 discs per hole (both mids on the drive, and the Leopard on the long holes). My Buzzz was going perfectly flat over the pond (about 180ft to clear) and then all of the sudden it turned over and that was that. Out in the murky pond, never to be seen by me again.

Funny

I couldn't resist the urge to go check out a place who has a decent selection of plastic. I left with a star Leopard 175, star Teebird 171 , Pro kc Aviar 175, and an edge wedge 139 for the little one who likes to go with me sometimes.

This has to be one of the cheapest hobbies I've been around in the past 10 yrs. R/C Airplanes/Helis, ball golf, R/C cars/trucks, bar hopping. I should be set for months with what I have now.

I remember when I thought I had enough discs too. You are infected, and will be doomed to a life of marketplace snooping and online orders. I am sorry to inform you of this. Good luck.

Latest posts