• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

TLs turn over later but you have to have the arm for it. They don't start turning over much until you can throw them 330 or so.

TL - 7, 5, 0, 1
Leo - 6, 5, -2, 1

I've made the mistake I believe alot of noobs have made and overloaded my bag. I am now trying to get back to basics. I am now only carrying 3 discs, a 10m crossfire (I prefer It over my old star aviar), Z Buzzz, but I know I need a new driver. My beat in 150 Wraith dx goes 320 or so but now turns hard right even with alot of hyzer. I know I don't have the power to throw fast plastic. I'm ridiculously temped to try a Flow but I have a 150 ce Valk and a 169 ols. Am I right in thinking I should learn a slower disc first and how long should I stick to the light weight discs? Thanks for any input.

I would play with more drivers so you can get used to them as well, but nothing too stable. The Valk should be fine for you. I think your right to stick to somewhat slower discs don't go for a 11 or up maybe yet.

i think the magnet is a bit faster (compare rim profiles) and more low-speed overstable than a regular beadless aviar, but nowhere as beefy as a big bead. i think a millennium omega would be the closest as far as feel and flight. innova's r-pro is close to the feel of a soft magnet as far as plastic goes.
Thanks for your help. I purchased a R Pro Aviar today and it appears to be the same soft plastic as my soft magnet.
Thanks again for the info

I got a ce valk in and noticed it has an idention on the bottom rim. Not slammed against a tree or had something heavy on it. I think it came out of the mold like that because i have a crztal challenger with a similar thing going on. I could get some pics if needed.

My question is, how much does this effect the flight? Neither are huge but you definitely notice it.
Thanks in advance

When you have a bag tag challenge and a bunch of people tie for second, how do you distribute the tags 2 through (bunch-1)?

When you have a bag tag challenge and a bunch of people tie for second, how do you distribute the tags 2 through (bunch-1)?

If you tie you stay in the same order that you were before the tag match.
Let's say I have tag #8 and Joey has #16 and Dave has #4.
We play a Bag Tag Match and we all tie for second.
Dave gets #2, I get #3 and Joey gets #4.

Obviously, you have to record each person's tag when they give it up for the match.