• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Is there an easy way to remember the effects of a Understable disc vs. Overstable disc. In my head I can't help but think they should do the opposite. I can never quite get the gist of it and always have to break it down in my head...never certain if I have got it right or backwards.

This is just a memory thing on my behalf, i think. I have read all the threads and links on stability I can find.

An overstable disc will travel in the direction opposite of the discs rotation. So if you're RHBH, the disc will spin clockwise but it will fade left.

An understable disc will travel in the same direction of the discs rotation. RHBH, the disc spin clockwise and it will turn right.

I'm new to disc golf and this site and I was wondering what the best discs are for beginners and where to buy from. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm new to disc golf and this site and I was wondering what the best discs are for beginners and where to buy from. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the site, amigo. :)

Best kind of depends on what your goals are. As a general rule, the slower the better. If your goal is to win more championships than Climo, than start out with a putter and get the fundamentals down. Once you start getting the hang of things, a midrange is a great disc for beginners. A DX Roc or X Comet are two cheap practically good at everything kind of mids. A slow, stable to understable fairway driver is recommended for your first driver, something like a Leopard, Cheetah, Gazelle, Polaris, Cyclone, etc.

Now, if your goal is just to have fun practically any disc will do, you'll just have to figure it out, i.e. if you get a Champ Boss, it will fade hard on you and you'll have to learn how to throw with anhyzer to get it to do anything (I wouldn't recommend this at all :|)

If you want to go more in depth and tailored to your needs specifically, feel free to start a thread in the bag feedback sub-forum and we'll help you out the best we can!

Avast, matey, and prepare to be prerubed! :popcorn:

Be as good at it as you want---but try not to take it too seriously.

Last edited:
An overstable disc will travel in the direction opposite of the discs rotation. So if you're RHBH, the disc will spin clockwise but it will fade left.

An understable disc will travel in the same direction of the discs rotation. RHBH, the disc spin clockwise and it will turn right.

Overstable wants to get to the ground faster......understable wants to glide longer.......for a rhbh they all want to go left eventually, but thinking of it in terms of left and right I don't think is the correct way to look at it.

is there different rims for flows? my GL feels like it has a + rim but my opto feels flat. anyone know if this is always the case or if i just got one like that?

If I sell something and the buyer sends me paypal as a gift, does the money go into my bank account that is linked with paypal or is it stuck in paypal?

If I sell something and the buyer sends me paypal as a gift, does the money go into my bank account that is linked with paypal or is it stuck in paypal?

It stays in your PP. There is away to transfer it but I do not know how to do that.

at the top where it says my account and all that it says withdrawl you click that and it will drop down and say transfer to bank account simple as that good luck

is there different rims for flows? my GL feels like it has a + rim but my opto feels flat. anyone know if this is always the case or if i just got one like that?
from the flows ive owned and currently own, i would say no. i have a gold line, and a opto and neither have a slanted rim. the riot and halo are the ones with the slanted rim. maybe latitude is just playing around, who knows. a slanted rim on a flow actually sounds kinda nice.