• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I keep mine in the car quite often, as long as you take a common sense approach it'll be fine. No cramming it up against stuff, don't keep anything heavy on top of it, etc.

Is it better long term (3+ months) to store discs strait up and down or horizontal? It seems like there are disadvantages to both. If they are strait up and down then they might have the tendency to taco a little, but if you stack them flat, then the bottom ones may get their tops flattened.

Is it better long term (3+ months) to store discs strait up and down or horizontal? It seems like there are disadvantages to both. If they are strait up and down then they might have the tendency to taco a little, but if you stack them flat, then the bottom ones may get their tops flattened.

I would say store them upright. As long as you don't have anything on top they are not going to be warped. Half the weight of the disc ~90 grams shouldn't warp it unless its really hot where you store them.

I throw my boss about 300', what should I try next?

BAD! Bad Noob! Stop throwing any driver whose speed is in the double digits. No I don't care how accurate/good you are with it. You are not as good as you think with it.

So ask away.

Looking for clarification on this. Personally I throw an XCaliber and get anywhere between 340-360ft consistently with it (372ft max). My question is, what should I be looking for to get 375-400ft consistently? Keep working on my form? Get a disc with slower speed? Look for a lighter disc (I think mine is 172gram)?

I read the first 20 pages, got tired of the random posts, and decided to post this. Sorry if it has been answered on prior pages.

Looking for clarification on this. Personally I throw an XCaliber and get anywhere between 340-360ft consistently with it (372ft max). My question is, what should I be looking for to get 375-400ft consistently? Keep working on my form? Get a disc with slower speed? Look for a lighter disc (I think mine is 172gram)?

I read the first 20 pages, got tired of the random posts, and decided to post this. Sorry if it has been answered on prior pages.

i'd go with a slower speed, you should be able to get fairways (Leopards, Teebirds, Eagles, etc.) that far before you start throwing something that fast and overstable.

i'd go with a slower speed, you should be able to get fairways (Leopards, Teebirds, Eagles, etc.) that far before you start throwing something that fast and overstable.

Thanks for the quick reply. I recently picked up a Starfire(10 speed), and get between 325-350 which has a speed rating 2 less than the XCaliber (12 speed). If I go lower than that, to my Valkyrie (9 Speed), I turn the disc over nearly evertime. If I go lower still to my Gazelle (6 speed) and release it at a very hard Hyzer, it goes 330-360.

Heh, I have consistency issues which could be playing into all the problems with my throw for each of these discs. hah!

Thanks for the quick reply. I recently picked up a Starfire(10 speed), and get between 325-350 which has a speed rating 2 less than the XCaliber (12 speed). If I go lower than that, to my Valkyrie (9 Speed), I turn the disc over nearly evertime. If I go lower still to my Gazelle (6 speed) and release it at a very hard Hyzer, it goes 330-360.

Heh, I have consistency issues which could be playing into all the problems with my throw for each of these discs. hah!
could be a form issue too. but stick to the slow stuff. how do you throw?

i see. the best thing to do would be post a video of you throwing in the technique thread. as far as discs go, work with that valk and try to not make it turn and burn.

Crazy question, Im new to the sport and ive got some inked up discs, i would like to get the ink off. what is the best way to do this? or is this a stupid question.

Acetone. Newer ink comes of the easiest, especially on base plastic. On premium plastic, most of the time it's there for good.

how much time do you let go by with 0 communication before you lable someone a deadbeat and leave them negative feedback?

with zero communication it depends on how good of a trader they typically are. if they have only a few trades, maybe a week, if they're a respected trader, I give some time. Things do come up.

15 feedback, all positive, 2 weeks with no communication what so ever, and now his PM box is full so ive been posting on his wall.

I don't think there is a general rule here, it usually goes on a case by case basis. I think after a couple of weeks I'd start a WC thread asking if anybody knows the trader personally and has any excuses to be incommunicado. Just be tactful and not overtly negative so as not to incite a witchhunt b/c life happens to a lot of otherwise good traders sometimes.