• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Octane

I'm loving the Octane. It is for sure the disc I've been looking for. I grabbed a Proton 174g and a Neutron 174g. N has more turn, but both are trusty to know that all the power I wanna give it will still stay straight or fade left. N can get a nice long turn if I really try, but they always come back. Proton is pretty stable. Liking them a lot.

I've gotta try a N Octane around the 165-8 range. This one 173 Plasma one is pretty stable. It was standing up to a decent headwind yesterday, with maybe just a bit of wiggle.

If for nothing else, to see if it's just that I've got an al dente arm, lol.

I've gotta try a N Octane around the 165-8 range. This one 173 Plasma one is pretty stable. It was standing up to a decent headwind yesterday, with maybe just a bit of wiggle.

If for nothing else, to see if it's just that I've got an al dente arm, lol.

Of the 10 or so ive thrown the 173g+ seem to be a little more OS (wouldn't surprise me if yours scaled heavier) vs lighter ones. The 168g's off the shelf are much more of a seasoned version. Thrash that plasma up and you might find it one of the straighter 13 speed discs you've thrown. I have a neutron that was a little beefy but seasoned so nicely with good HSS but not nearly the LSS. Im hoping the eclipse protons start out a touch OS as it really makes for a good max d mold to cycle. Nitro is a bit much lol.

I wonder if these eclipse will fly more like my neutrons or proton metal flakes. The Neutrons showed a decent bit of high speed turn, while the metal flake had less. I'll bag them either way, since both types of Octanes are useful.

Of the 10 or so ive thrown the 173g+ seem to be a little more OS (wouldn't surprise me if yours scaled heavier) vs lighter ones. The 168g's off the shelf are much more of a seasoned version. Thrash that plasma up and you might find it one of the straighter 13 speed discs you've thrown. I have a neutron that was a little beefy but seasoned so nicely with good HSS but not nearly the LSS. Im hoping the eclipse protons start out a touch OS as it really makes for a good max d mold to cycle. Nitro is a bit much lol.

Yeah, I'm all over this whole paragraph. I find that many of the drivers are, for me, at their best around 168. It's like the magic number for everything above the Volt.

This Octane is useful as it is now, for sure, I'm curious to see where it ends up once the new is knocked off it. (I've been player Bing it on like every hole to speed the process, lol.)

I don't see me ever needing a nitro, but I could see all Octane at that speed, or a Catalyst thrown in, maybe.

Every new class release has created bag turbulence for me, lol. I want to carry so many of these molds, but just don't need them all.

Every new class release has created bag turbulence for me, lol. I want to carry so many of these molds, but just don't need them all.

4 real.... Having tried pretty much every new release i have been loving the simple bag lately of drivers: relay/volt/catalyst/octane (random OS telsa/photon/motion flavor of the day lol) not really needed on calm days. Volts go so far on a stable line the other stuff doesn't matter. I love the tesla and US stuff too like switch etc but just dont NEED so many molds. MVP makes a couple good ones so it is a little bit of a problem lol.

Decent 460' or so rip for an eagle today with my MF Octane.

Should be healed up enough for 500'+ by the time those Eclipse Octanes come in the mail.

After more and more use I'm liking the octane a lot. I started using the mayhem for most distance drives, but when I want to give it more oooomppff and don't want to worry about too much turn, the octane really holds well in any wind and at good power. I can still get good distance with solid fade without it being tooooo overstable. Great disc - always goes further than expected

If I get to play today, it will be my first round trying Octane/Mayhem/Catalyst. I bought the Catalyst first just because I had credit and needed nothing. Bought a Wave at the same time which is one of my best drivers ever. Based on that one, I bought a Defy, but it is crazy OS for me and I can't see me using it enough to beat in. Also, a Plasma Wave just in case it had a little dome. It doesn't. Anyway, the Terns and all other drivers over 10 will come out for a few experimental rounds. It may be that I need something in the 21.5 class other than the Defy based on my success with that one Wave. We shall see.

If I get to play today, it will be my first round trying Octane/Mayhem/Catalyst. I bought the Catalyst first just because I had credit and needed nothing. Bought a Wave at the same time which is one of my best drivers ever. Based on that one, I bought a Defy, but it is crazy OS for me and I can't see me using it enough to beat in. Also, a Plasma Wave just in case it had a little dome. It doesn't. Anyway, the Terns and all other drivers over 10 will come out for a few experimental rounds. It may be that I need something in the 21.5 class other than the Defy based on my success with that one Wave. We shall see.
Wave has been my favorite since it was released and after all the 23mm+ driver experimentation, I now stack 3 waves and have a proton photon for my stable distance and an Orbital for distance turnover. The Waves, by far, are my farthest controlled distance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

^ I assume the eclipse flies like Proton Octanes, fairly stable - more OS than neutron - my guess anyway, I have a proton and its pretty stable

Wanted to come here to say I used the heck outta my Neutron Octane 173g and it was flying well. Even landed me a nice birdie to finish out my round. Octane is legit, too legit...to quit.

Any guesses on Plasma flight?
I have one with the circuit stamp. Just started throwing it last week. Seems a bit more stable but I'm guessing it's because I've become used to the flight of my pretty beat in neutron.

Time will tell if it ends up with more glide or d once it's worn in. The plasma feel is certainly nice though

Any guesses on Plasma flight?

I have a few plasma Octanes - they are more understable. Still Octane in flight but turns a little easier - a couple of them had dome and that made it lift and hyzer out earlier than I wanted. I have a flatter plasma and its closer to a mayhem than anything. I still prefer Neutron 172g for best octane - my proton is more stable and a lil domey -

I have a few plasma Octanes - they are more understable. Still Octane in flight but turns a little easier - a couple of them had dome and that made it lift and hyzer out earlier than I wanted. I have a flatter plasma and its closer to a mayhem than anything. I still prefer Neutron 172g for best octane - my proton is more stable and a lil domey -

Faster/longer Wave? Or, not quite that easy to turn?

Faster/longer Wave? Or, not quite that easy to turn?

I can see that comparison - but I only used 1 wave (174g Nuetron) and it was wicked flippy kid.

But the P -Octane for a speed 13 can turn without burn so maybe? to answer your question

If you really want a longer wave I'd say try the Mayhem in lighter weights - but idk ;)

I can see that comparison - but I only used 1 wave (174g Nuetron) and it was wicked flippy kid.

But the P -Octane for a speed 13 can turn without burn so maybe? to answer your question

If you really want a longer wave I'd say try the Mayhem in lighter weights - but idk ;)

I have two Mayhemi and neither turn much for me. I should probably throw them more.

I've been throwing a 167 Proton Mayhem a lot BH and it has a good bit of turn, whereas my Neutron Octane at 173 is very straight to fade without much wiggle. A Plasma Octane could be a good middle ground.

Latest posts