• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ODRB ITB

Are the Velas you have those "wonky tops" I've heard about? Any experience with the Infinite Exodus indeed being an EL?

Debating grabbing a couple of each, haven't been throwing my Teebirds recently due to a lack of confidence (throwing all my other molds as well as I expect to).

Also that pearly Pro Firebird! So pretty lol

Sure sure.

It just come down to getting older, learning to play consistent golf within my limits, and learning what really scores best for me. Also, just funsies.

My Thunderbirds are my open field controlled distance drivers and one angle hyzer discs. They have good high-speed stability and I can hit them hard, even into a headwind. I throw them 350 to 375 (my Destroyers were only going 370 to 390, maybe 400 just right– there are so few holes where 10-15 feet make the difference that I didn't feel like carrying them anymore or putting up with their less predictable flight. Plus, the rim has always felt too big for my hands.)

Orion LF are my workhorse distance drivers. But they don't have the same high-speed stability as a Thunderbird, and they fade a little harder.. I probably throw them 360 to 380. But I've been throwing them so long, but I can power them up or down and make them shape lines. By far the driver mold I rely on most and I can easily get by with only OLFS.

I mess with Foadrunners for a while, every once in a while. I love working on angles with flippy frisbees. And, if I hit a stable Roadrunner and give it height, I can push them to 400. Not into any wind, but….

I do so much with my two Eagles. Everything from 300 feet to 340 I can hit them harder than my Gazelles, and I can replace them by walking into a store.

I have been throwing Roc for as long as I have known how to play Disc Golf. Four is the right number. My Glow Champ Rancho is flat and fast and overstable. My most beat KC will roll over from hyzer. I use Rocs between 260 and 310, for just about everything. The best mold ever made.

Any reasonably ovestabble beaded putter will do for most throwing and putting. Right now, it's KC Aviars. The Rhyno has the same beaded wing as these KC Aviars, but I can mash it and is won't glide away from me. Wizards a werent overstable enough as drivers, for the way I like to throw putters. If I can get a putter there, I throw putters. KC Aviars work for me out to 280ish. With the Rhyno, they're like shorter matches for my 4 Rocs in stability.

Toro and Firebird are just for the stuff I can't do with my other discs. Flares, spike hyzers, hard flexing shots, etc. I throw these the least by a long shot.

Polecats or Sonics or whatever silly things are in there because speed 1 is fun. I can float my Polecat to 260ish dead straight and slow. Or I can take nose up runs off my back foot at dead straight 150 footers.

I also like that Firebirds, Thunderbirds, and OLF share the same wing, so they feel the same and come out of my hand the same.

Velas are flat eagles, so any flat Eagles are the same thing.

Rocs all feels the same.

Rhyno and BB Aviars share the same wing, so same thing.

It's just easy to only know how four wings come off my hand. Also, makes throwing second shots better fieldwork when you're just working on a few wings coming off your hands and the simply adjusting release angles.

I throw these four wings for 90% of all my shots. So I've just focused of consistent golf, clean releases on 4 different wings, and getting the slowest disc that I can reach cleanly with up in the air spinning. Because staying in the fairways, throwing slow discs, not looking in bushes, and making birdies is fun golf.

Last edited:
Blue Lake. Perfect Sunday afternoon with fletch and levi.

2 Thunderbirds/ 3 OLFs/ 2 Roadrunners
1 Firebird/ 2 Velas
4 Rancho Rocs
1 Rhyno/ 3 KC Aviars

1 Toro/ 1 Polecat

Latest posts