• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania needs to recreate the OLF 1.1
Teerex top, FB bottom.
Thank me later.

he seemed displeased with the firebird during the aussie open so this isnt surprising hes trying out something else in that slot.

McBeth was unhappy with the Firebird before, and tried the Monster. Then he tried the Sexton Firebird, then the FD3 showed up in his bag. McBeth and Firebirds have never gotten along that well, apparently. Maybe the FD3 will get 'er done for him.

Teerex top, FB bottom.
Thank me later.

I thought the OLF was a Wraith top FB bottom.. Just like the Thunderbird.
PD is a discmania "anhyzer top" and FB bottom. PD generally fade harder than the OLF and thunderbird.

Teerex top, FB bottom.
Thank me later.

I thought the OLF was a Wraith top FB bottom.. Just like the Thunderbird.
PD is a discmania "anhyzer top" and FB bottom. PD generally fade harder than the OLF and thunderbird.

1.1 were Teerex top and FB bottom, all the rest are the Wraith/FB.
(That run of star plastic was also pretty great... stiff and tough)

I only use 1.1 SOLFs and they have a lot more glide and hook up much more at the end then many, if not all, PDs I have thrown.
Its definitely a different disc from the other OLFs, which are good, but not as great IMO.

I always thought the Teerex top was very similar to the anhyzer top.
I've wondered that myself, but then the PD ought to be more similar.
Apparently the Teerex changed too, so there may be different tops for that as well...
My wife has a 150 class Teerex and the top does look a lot like the 150 class SOLFs I have.

Whatever sorcery created the 1.1. SOLF (AKA "SOF") its was money and should be recreated!

So since Simon said the early runs of swirly PD2s were the money run how do we go about finding these?

What are the mold parts the MD is made up of? It feels like a JL Mako (OG not the Mako3).

So since Simon said the early runs of swirly PD2s were the money run how do we go about finding these?

They were all CFR as far as I know. Find any swirly PD2s from late 2015/early 2016 and they should be it. You'll know you got the right one because they're pretty flat.

They're only a money run if you're looking for distance out of your PD2. They're quite a bit less overstable than your normal PD2 and therefore have a greater distance potential out of the bag. I've thrown other S-line PD2s that fly similar but I guess it's easier to source the early swirly PD2s than try to find an S-line from a specific run that may or may not be flippy.

If you're looking for an overstable PD2 then the early swirlies are not the money run.

edit - to add to that, I think it's funny that Simon says he won't throw Destroyers because they're too flippy but he loves these swirly PD2s. Those Swirly PD2s are similar in stability to the last AJ run before they switched the stamp to McBeth. The current McBeth Destroyers are more overstable than the early swirly PD2.

Last edited:
They were all CFR as far as I know. Find any swirly PD2s from late 2015/early 2016 and they should be it. You'll know you got the right one because they're pretty flat.

They're only a money run if you're looking for distance out of your PD2. They're quite a bit less overstable than your normal PD2 and therefore have a greater distance potential out of the bag. I've thrown other S-line PD2s that fly similar but I guess it's easier to source the early swirly PD2s than try to find an S-line from a specific run that may or may not be flippy.

If you're looking for an overstable PD2 then the early swirlies are not the money run.

edit - to add to that, I think it's funny that Simon says he won't throw Destroyers because they're too flippy but he loves these swirly PD2s. Those Swirly PD2s are similar in stability to the last AJ run before they switched the stamp to McBeth. The current McBeth Destroyers are more overstable than the early swirly PD2.

Almost to 100% DM other than 2 hold over destroyers that I am trying to work out of the bag with a less stable PD2 so those would be ideal

Almost to 100% DM other than 2 hold over destroyers that I am trying to work out of the bag with a less stable PD2 so those would be ideal

The current run of S PD2 that are soft are likely what you want. Definitely on the less OS end and will develop some turn pretty quickly while retaining decent fade. I have some of the early, swirly PD2s Simon is talking about and I'd say the current S lines start off just a hair less stable.

The current run of S PD2 that are soft are likely what you want. Definitely on the less OS end and will develop some turn pretty quickly while retaining decent fade. I have some of the early, swirly PD2s Simon is talking about and I'd say the current S lines start off just a hair less stable.

I'll second that. I have a stock s line PD2 that is pretty soft and while it is still a PD2 it's no where near the lusters or current run of swirls. wayyyy different.

Any chance that we'll see more swirly FD3s? I like the C-line, but prefer the Swirly S.

They just put up some Lizotte stamped ones on the Discmania Store.

Description says they are flatter then normal which could be interesting, since they probably get more OS like flat Firebird's.

Status
Not open for further replies.