• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania Support Reply

Thats right. I was kind of expecting the s-line release before a new mold, but alas the TDx happened. Not that it is a bad thing :) just didnt forsee it

The TDx is here! These things are awesome. There are definitely more stock releases on the horizon but most of which won't happen until next year, starting with the PDx of course.

Another S-Line question. I know s line CD3s were in the mystery boxes, when will they get a general release?

S-Line CD3 will be available around the fall. Keep an eye out for those, we are very excited to get more of them into players' hands. We have been especially excited for this release and have gotten very positive feedback on the S-Line ones.

Also keeping my fingers crossed for more S-line FD3's!

Swirl FD3 will return. As far as the stock versions go, those won't be made for a little while.

if you mean more of that KCPro like run then yes that needs to happen again repeatedly until the end of time.

P-MD3 is on the list for production and they will return! You will see advertisement about those pop up when the time comes. It has been too long and we want them back just as badly as you do.

P line md3 needs to happen soon please!!!!

P-MD3 is on the list for production and they will return! You will see advertisement about those pop up when the time comes. It has been too long and we want them back just as badly as you do.

Will the FD3 be available in S-line soon?

FD3 will return in the Swirl plastic very soon. Give it about a month or so and they will be back.

P1X- will there be another stock release in P line?

These are about to be made as well. The P-P1x will return!

Can you confirm if the Made in U.S.A. tooling denotes a 10th run PD and does it identify any other runs of other molds too?

Most likely yes. I know that the newest runs have that tooling as well but all of the previous ones other than 10th do not have the US tooling.

We need a d-line / hard p-line stock release of MD3 or MD4 so that you can wear them down fast like Philo does with his Roc's. Any plans for these?

Only joking :hfive: But do you see this on the horizon? Seems like a lot of the newer molds are getting the s-line/c-line treatment.

Or - could I order the first batch ever with custom stamp for the Discmania facebook group? :p

Attachments

• 1soisw.jpg
    1soisw.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63
We need a d-line / hard p-line stock release of MD3 or MD4 so that you can wear them down fast like Philo does with his Roc's. Any plans for these?

P-MD3s would be great! Or the "P-Line" used for the Eagle P-P2s. That stuff is sexy as hell. Feels amazing.

Discmania Support Reply

P-MD3s would be great! Or the "P-Line" used for the Eagle P-P2s. That stuff is sexy as hell. Feels amazing.

The P-Line MD3 and P-P2 like the Eagle ones are the same plastic. The MD3 will be ready in a couple weeks.

D-Line P3s (non-1st run) are getting harder to find. Whats up with them?

They are out there for sure. It seems as if most of the regular production ones have sold and all that is left are first run lighter ones. Not ideal but there will be more coming. Most of our focus has been on the P3x instead which will definitely be a crowd pleaser.

Only joking :hfive: But do you see this on the horizon? Seems like a lot of the newer molds are getting the s-line/c-line treatment.

Or - could I order the first batch ever with custom stamp for the Discmania facebook group? :p

Next year will ideally be the year for a lot of that kind of stuff. This year, we wanted to produce more molds and add a bit more diversity to our lineup. We have not released as many molds in a year until now and we have been very excited about it. Next year we will release the PDx, of course, and plan on making moves for increasing the volume of our stock. We can't promise that all of those stock versions will be made immediately Jan 1 but they are for sure on the agenda.

Any chance for Discmania molds in D-line color glow??

There is a chance and we have something special planned in the future. Though color glow D-Line is not it for the moment.

We will bring back the P-MD3 very soon. Unfortunately the P-MD4 will need to wait for now. Since it has yet to be fully released in any plastic, C-Line needs to come first.

Can you tell which run is Avery Jenkins FD3? It Feels completely different in my hand as my regular FD3's in the shop. I'll link few pictures of it here!
Top: https://goo.gl/uBEVAZ
Bottom: https://goo.gl/9uKf4p
Side next to regular FD3: https://goo.gl/65sm4n

Did you trim down newer CFD3's rim?

Unfortunately I do not see your link anymore as it states that the link has expired. Chances are someone will be able to assist you if you post it on one of the collector groups and we can help. We tend to get a little cautious when clicking random links anyway.

Old KP2s, any value in these?

There is definitely value in those. We don't really monitor collector prices too religiously and let the aftermarket do it's own thing. I would expect the KP2 to fetch at least $25-30. It just depends on who wants it.

Has there ever been and will there ever be a run of firm D line P2?
There has not really been a specific run labeled as stiff D-Line. Some of the more recent runs have gotten just a little softer, in fact. The current run in the store is basically how they should feel. It goes without saying but stiff D-Line is just going to be P-Line.

Can you tell which run is Avery Jenkins FD3? It Feels completely different in my hand as my regular FD3's in the shop. I'll link few pictures of it here!
top:
oPjOI

bottom:
wRDlO

And Side next to newer run:
9J2Yd

From your last post i understand this might be collectors disc? I have 1 blue one in my bag and 2 of these (as shown in the pictures) with Avery signature.

There has not really been a specific run labeled as stiff D-Line. Some of the more recent runs have gotten just a little softer, in fact. The current run in the store is basically how they should feel. It goes without saying but stiff D-Line is just going to be P-Line.

I don't doubt that you're right. Unfortunately, stiff P line in too slick and has no grip for me. I need either slightly softer P or much firmer D (like classic aviars), neither of which seems too likely to happen. :\

Although I've been running an experiment of sunbleaching a P-P2 that I threw up on the black tar roof of my garage in Spring. I"m going to take it down in Fall and compare it to another one from the same run I have as a control. It already is a bit lighter and feels a little softer.

- Discussion on the End of New DiscMania Molds -

-Discussion on the End of New DiscMania Molds-

I LOVED Jussi's interview in the Spring 2015 Disc Golfer Magazine where he talkes about a professional line of disc golf discs, with a full, but limited number of molds, enough to fill all the slots needed. I have wondered out loud in this thread before I think, but I am wondering out loud now - after the DD3 is out (likely next year), is that the end of new molds from DiscMania?

Maybe this is a Jerry Maguire type moment – The Things We Think And Do Not Say. Fewer Molds.

This is my favorite disc golf company for the culture, feel, professional, global and long term view of disc golf. But in order to make Jussi's mission we gotta stop making molds. Or - retire them 1:1 as new ones come. I think dropping the Gremlin for the MD4 is OK for most, but I think the end is near on new molds.

As far as a professional lineup goes, anything from here would just be more Innova/Discraft/DD/Prodigy new molds for newbs type stuff. That's not what DiscMania is about. Or is it? Or is it not going to be what Jussi hoped?

Status
Not open for further replies.