• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MD3 plastics?

What's the difference in flight characteristics between the p-line and swirly s-line MD3?

P lines are straighter, especially after they beat in a little. My go-to tunnel shot disc.

Not to say that the S-line would be OS much, but it does have fade.

Thanks. I'm looking for something to fall between my c-line md3 and star mako3. I carry a couple glow and c-line md3s so I would prefer to stay with them instead of going to something else. Just a different plastic

The S line would probably fill that slot a little better unless you don't mind cycling the P Lines.

Any absolutely new discs coming in 2018 to the Discmania line up?

suggestion something along the line of a speed 4 glide 3 turn 0 fade 2?

and BTW love my Discmania toque there seems to be two runs one with a bright orange pom pom on top and one without cool stuff.

The S line would probably fill that slot a little better unless you don't mind cycling the P Lines.

P lines are straighter, especially after they beat in a little. My go-to tunnel shot disc.

Not to say that the S-line would be OS much, but it does have fade.

What about metal flake md3? Less stable or more stable than the swirly s-line or c-line?
Thanks again!

Why is it so hard to find normal production discmania discs even on the biggest disc golf retailers websites?

More people throw them than they can provide for. Stop telling everyone about how great the FD, PD, P2, CD2, DDX, PD2, etc. are, and you might be able to find some.

What about metal flake md3? Less stable or more stable than the swirly s-line or c-line?
Thanks again!

Its been a long time (and a lot of form progression) since throwing a new C-line MD3 and I have not thrown a swirly S-Line but I do have a MF MD3 that I love. It was stable out of the box with no turn, good glide and reliable fade. It actually beat in faster than I expected being MF and all but its really turned into a dependable disc that I use for hyzer flip straight shots and big anny lines. Since losing some stability I've cycled in a new glow eagle MD3 and its like falling in love all over again.

My personal opinion w/ the MD3's I own:

Glow > MF / C-line (similar) > Driver PRO > G-Line > P-Line

Regarding availability... I'd probably start with Glow and just cycle them as you beat them in ;)

Pretty excited to throw my DP MD3's. Interested in how they will hold up vs the original and second run P lines. (or maybe there are more that 2 runs)

Its been a long time (and a lot of form progression) since throwing a new C-line MD3 and I have not thrown a swirly S-Line but I do have a MF MD3 that I love. It was stable out of the box with no turn, good glide and reliable fade. It actually beat in faster than I expected being MF and all but its really turned into a dependable disc that I use for hyzer flip straight shots and big anny lines. Since losing some stability I've cycled in a new glow eagle MD3 and its like falling in love all over again.

My personal opinion w/ the MD3's I own:

Glow > MF / C-line (similar) > Driver PRO > G-Line > P-Line

Regarding availability... I'd probably start with Glow and just cycle them as you beat them in ;)

My metal flakes are noticeably more flat than C line, similair to the eagles. Except the MF seem muchhhhh more flippy than other plastics. I have a bright pink one and its my out of the box turnover mid

My metal flakes are noticeably more flat than C line, similair to the eagles. Except the MF seem muchhhhh more flippy than other plastics. I have a bright pink one and its my out of the box turnover mid

Interesting, I have two blue MF with wing stamps and they both have a little dome compared to my glow MD3s.. I've only thrown one of them but like i mentioned it was pretty stable out of box and beat in quickly. Maybe you just throw with more power than me ;)

It actually beat in faster than I expected being MF and all but its really turned into a dependable disc that I use for hyzer flip straight shots and big anny lines.

I recently read a theory regarding MF discs and how they beat in a little faster and more thoroughly than regular plastic. The thousands of little tiny pieces of metal suspended in the plastic actually break the plastic chains on a molecular level. Every time these discs are thrown and have an impact on the ground or a tree, the tiny flakes of glitter move slightly more than particles of plastic would.

I don't know how true this is, but it made sense to me. Everyone who has bagged a MF disc for an extended period of time knows how amazing they feel once you beat them in. Food for thought!

I have a tough time believing the glitter inside MF discs does anything to speed up or even out wear.

I'm interested in what new mold is coming out. DD3? FDX? Something different than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.