• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S, D and/or P P3's please.

D Line P3 have been run in stock stamps, they are for sale online at places right now. There was a special run of S-P3 but they are about double retail cost because they are harder to find. Facebook pages are pretty active showing off, finding and exchanging special stuff.

D Line P3 have been run in stock stamps, they are for sale online at places right now. There was a special run of S-P3 but they are about double retail cost because they are harder to find. Facebook pages are pretty active showing off, finding and exchanging special stuff.

I've been checking most of the bigger online stores and theres very few. Most, I believe, are the last of the previous run and not max. Also, I am active on the Discmania Collectors throwers page and have seen nothing. Where are you seeing them? I know about the S-Line being rare.

I am very torn about this news. I love 2nd run FD, but I do like the FD2. The fact the FD2 is short for a driver is one of its perks, and likely not a feature of the new fd2... My opinion should be invalid since I don't bag the FD2 anymore anyway

The new glow pd2s are AWESOME!!! Long with a little less fade but enough to be a good wind disc. Great for forehand. Please keep these around!

Discmania Support Reply

Obviously better with a Shield on it. And a different top. And a shield on that top.

Right you are!!

Also, is it just me or is the new fd2 just a teebird3?

I'm sure it could resemble a Teebird3 to some folks possibly. The disc does have a teebird bottom on it but a different top. Since Discmania doesn't really have a disc like that yet other than the 2nd run FD, it seems pretty fitting.

The new glow pd2s are AWESOME!!! Long with a little less fade but enough to be a good wind disc. Great for forehand. Please keep these around!

We are glad you like them! All of us here have one in the bag at all times for sure. There is a good chance there will be another run of those sooner than the other specialties we do periodically. No more runs of them this year though.

I am very torn about this news. I love 2nd run FD, but I do like the FD2. The fact the FD2 is short for a driver is one of its perks, and likely not a feature of the new fd2... My opinion should be invalid since I don't bag the FD2 anymore anyway

Well hopefully you will still love this one! These new FD2's may contain some similarities in flight to the old ones, especially the FR FD2, but have a consistent profile and a cleaner flight in the air. Who knows, maybe this will be your chance to get them back in your bag!

So maybe this is addressed somewhere, but I just find it strange that it seems like a lot of Discmania discs/plastics just aren't in stock anywhere. Like obviously the S-CD2 is impossible to find, but it seems like it extends to a lot of molds as well. Is it just the production can't keep up with the demand? Discmania makes my favorite discs, but I'm thinking I might need to move away because I can never find a good variety of discs in stock and I'm not paying $40 on Facebook for discs that should be in regular production.

So maybe this is addressed somewhere, but I just find it strange that it seems like a lot of Discmania discs/plastics just aren't in stock anywhere. Like obviously the S-CD2 is impossible to find, but it seems like it extends to a lot of molds as well. Is it just the production can't keep up with the demand? Discmania makes my favorite discs, but I'm thinking I might need to move away because I can never find a good variety of discs in stock and I'm not paying $40 on Facebook for discs that should be in regular production.

Ramping up production is one of their main focuses this year and is why they moved to their own facility. In the AMA with Jussi, he recognized the out of stocks being a huge area of opportunity and said they are working to correct. Unfortunately, in the case of the s-line CD2, I think it only came out on the Discmania Store and Inifinite, but I'm guessing they will aim to re-stock in some capacity soon.

Question 1 - When will new shirts (looking at you XS Polo shirt only thing left in stock) be added to the Discmania Store?

Question 2 - Retooled FD2 release date?

Time for my quarterly query to Discmania Support - when might we expect to see some new s line PDs and FDs show up at some retailers, not the factory store?

TIA

Discmania Support Reply

Time for my quarterly query to Discmania Support - when might we expect to see some new s line PDs and FDs show up at some retailers, not the factory store?

TIA

We have S-Line PD's set to complete production in May, FD's should be run soon. The FD was delayed pretty heavily but we have managed to push that date forward just a bit.

Question 1 - When will new shirts (looking at you XS Polo shirt only thing left in stock) be added to the Discmania Store?

Question 2 - Retooled FD2 release date?

New shirts will arrive in about a month or so and we will release an official DM apparel lineup for 2019. But we should have some great stuff here pretty soon

FD2, you will see word about that pop up in the near future :thmbup:

Ramping up production is one of their main focuses this year and is why they moved to their own facility. In the AMA with Jussi, he recognized the out of stocks being a huge area of opportunity and said they are working to correct. Unfortunately, in the case of the s-line CD2, I think it only came out on the Discmania Store and Inifinite, but I'm guessing they will aim to re-stock in some capacity soon.

S-Line CD2 will definitely be released this year for sure, along with a couple other fan favorites that have not yet visited full production until this point.

S-Line CD2 is something that hasn't been made as a stock production disc but will definitely be something you'll see in the near future. We will, of course, most likely have another special version out there but you can count on having plenty of stock versions soon.

will the md5 have a bead?

What MD5? :)

per the teamdiscmania instagram page:

They had S line FD2's that appeared to be in a hybrid of Gstar and Star. looked almost like discraft TI

Status
Not open for further replies.