• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking more along the lines of td2 under stability but in a 7 speed. Ya there is the Genius that is just that, but I prefer the Original plastic so much more than active premium.

When color glow FD??

If you didn't see Simon and Eagles video yesterday they are in the mystery boxes as a possible disc option! No guarantee obviously but they will be out there! I know I am selling some plastic this week to get some funds together to snipe whatever I can from the FB pages when people start selling their unwanted mystery box discs.

Also interested in differences between Euro and US boxes.

My box was DD1 (black yellow), Vapor Enigma (gray), Double stamp C DD3, Glow Magician, C FD3, Black edition MD3, Active Tailor, Double stamp exo hard link, and stock soft Logic. Nothing overly rare but a great box. The DD1 is a baby DD3. Slightly more stable than I expected but I threw a 380' laser ace run with it and then threw it 500' on a forehand in the field :eek:

My box was DD1 (black yellow), Vapor Enigma (gray), Double stamp C DD3, Glow Magician, C FD3, Black edition MD3, Active Tailor, Double stamp exo hard link, and stock soft Logic. Nothing overly rare but a great box. The DD1 is a baby DD3. Slightly more stable than I expected but I threw a 380' laser ace run with it and then threw it 500' on a forehand in the field :eek:

Nice! I hope I get an S MD1. I wondered if those were only Euro…

Did you throw the Tailor?

Nice! I hope I get an S MD1. I wondered if those were only Euro…

Did you throw the Tailor?

S MD1 was the big one I wanted (they are in the US boxes as well) but luckily I have a stack of mind benders for now.

The tailor is quite a bit more OS than the numbers indicate. It honestly flew like my IS4 (maybe even slightly more OS than that). It feels nice in the hand and would probably be a great base plastic mid to cycle.

S MD1 was the big one I wanted (they are in the US boxes as well) but luckily I have a stack of mind benders for now.

The tailor is quite a bit more OS than the numbers indicate. It honestly flew like my IS4 (maybe even slightly more OS than that). It feels nice in the hand and would probably be a great base plastic mid to cycle.

Does the Tailor have a bead?

Maybe Tailor is the Discmania Roc? I have two Mind Benders, but S-line would be sweet.

I had a very similar box to yours. I feel a bit peeved that we didn't get a single Limited Edition disc. You? I thought there'd be one in every box. I saw some people get two. How did we not get any? This is based off of the collector's guide which indicated discs based on rarity. Feeling a bit bummed…

I had a very similar box to yours. I feel a bit peeved that we didn't get a single Limited Edition disc. You? I thought there'd be one in every box. I saw some people get two. How did we not get any? This is based off of the collector's guide which indicated discs based on rarity. Feeling a bit bummed…

Contact Discmania. I have heard they acknowledged mistakes in the boxes, and will make good. (Heard on a random YT unboxing vid, so YMMV).

Don't y'all know? Mystery boxes have peaked.

Can't argue against that at all. I think the issue, at least, for me, is the FOMO of another peak year, especially now that their production has ramped back up. It's more of a gamble than a guarantee…

Looking over the collectors guide, it's super weird the color way choices they made this year. It's almost like a person who doesn't DiscGolf made the choices, because black, clear, green, yellow discs are the absolute worst for tracking your plastic throughout the seasons. They should assemble a team of loyal discmaniacs to design their mystery box next year, I will volunteer right now to be on their team and guarantee a profit!

Although it sounds like their following is in steady decline…

Contact Discmania. I have heard they acknowledged mistakes in the boxes, and will make good. (Heard on a random YT unboxing vid, so YMMV).

This is not a mistake or an error. Mystery boxes carry no guarantees other than the exclusive disc that comes in the box (DD1 for red boxes). It is always a gamble as to what you are going to get and I personally am relatively happy with the box I got. It would have been sweet to get some "rare" discs but realistically if I were to sell every disc in my box I would easily make back the $ value of the box and then some. Unfortunately the idea of mystery boxes has been ruined. People see what other people get in a random box and get upset that their random box was not as awesome. That is the idea behind the whole thing. You never know what you are going to get. When DM was produced by innova there were WAYYYYYY more x outs/factory seconds because Innova sucks at producing discs. So back then boxes were full of purely random discs. Now that production is more controlled and not as many x outs the boxes are gonna have essentially the same things. Also given the fact that if they aren't almost identical people lose their minds. I miss 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.