• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm guessing we could all make extensive lists of current molds we would like to see run in different plastics for 2015. I am curious to know if you had to pick on area to add a new to disc to the Discmania line-up, what would the numbers be? And why? always love hearing other Discmaniac's thoughts on this!

FLAT putter in P/X/D/C line 2/1/0/4

FLAT mid in X/C/S line 5/2/0/4

driver in C/S 12/5/0/2

I would love to see some flat top GMs run in champ/metal flake.

Discmania Destroyer....? S-line if possible and GO!

We don't have an interest in making a "destroyer killer". That being said, our newest run of S-LINE DD2s are very overstable, even more overstable than our C-LINE DD2s. You can certainly throw these DD2s in the wind.

Ryan's previous response to wanting a Discmania Destroyer.

Ryan's previous response to wanting a Discmania Destroyer.

And he ain't joking. The new S-DD2's are super beefy. Just as overstable as my S-PD2.

I love the new C-DD2's. They flat out crush (I posted a video, over the weekend in the DM collectors group on Facebook, of one of my throws with one). I really hope the current run of C-DD2's hangs around for a while. The plastic feels great and you can really get on one without worrying too much about where it's going.

Posted a thread in the main discs forum but figured I would ask here as well. I am going to make a marketplace thread and want to know exactly what to ask for. I am looking for the most overstable md3 available what run or color should I be looking for?

Posted a thread in the main discs forum but figured I would ask here as well. I am going to make a marketplace thread and want to know exactly what to ask for. I am looking for the most overstable md3 available what run or color should I be looking for?

Currently, the most overstable MD3 are the Glow C-MD3 with the store stamp or mini shield stamp. They have a moderate dome to them. You might not find too many in the marketplace because these are a relatively new release. There is one up for sale in the DM Collectors group on Facebook though.

Do you generally want the md3s to have a smooth small dome or flat if you wan them overstable? Are any colors of the jolly launcher more overstable than others and on the store they have jolly launcher md3s that are flat, or you can get domey. which are gonna be more overstable?
Thanks for the help!
Al

Do you generally want the md3s to have a smooth small dome or flat if you wan them overstable? Are any colors of the jolly launcher more overstable than others and on the store they have jolly launcher md3s that are flat, or you can get domey. which are gonna be more overstable?
Thanks for the help!
Al

I throw both the flat and domey MD3's. The flat MD3's will fly straight with a little fade on the end. The domey MD3's will fly straight'ish and start hyzering out quicker and finish more left(RHBH) than the flat ones. In this particular case, domey is more overstable than flat.

PecosRob...the FD is one of the best kept secrets out there. It is a very versatile disc.

PecosRob...the FD is one of the best kept secrets out there. It is a very versatile disc.

This is what I hear! I am so psyched, they already packed my order and got me a tracking number. Got some X-Outs along with the proto MD3 (grabbed a white but thinking about grabbing a black one for the wall):
SMD1, Glow CFD2, GPD, GFD - all 175g

Then I grabbed a red hat, some minis and a couple of patches because, why not?

I am looking for the most overstable md3 available what run or color should I be looking for?

Currently, the most overstable MD3 are the Glow C-MD3 with the store stamp or mini shield stamp. They have a moderate dome to them. You might not find too many in the marketplace because these are a relatively new release. There is one up for sale in the DM Collectors group on Facebook though.

^ Yep.

I grabbed an MD3. I only have PDs, a DD, and a PD2. Also grabbed some X-Outs - FD, FD2, MD1, another PD, and some minis. Figured I'd get some shopping done now so I don't have to carry so much on Monday when I go to the Flying Circus :p

See you there!

Thanks for the help!
Al

- MD3's are straighter when flatter in C-line/JL, and I'm pretty sure this is also true for Glow.
- The dayglow/green flat JL MD3's are super-duper point-and-shoot. Ridiculously straight.
- Glow MD3 with dome is what you're looking for as far as most overstable. I will say though, P-MD3's are surprisingly overstable...and the KC Pro plastic feels awesome! They will season quicker too if you like to cycle, JL lasts a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts