• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With colder weather approaching for lots of areas, I think it would be a good idea to release a Discmania hoodie! I'm currently in the market for a new disc golf hoodie, and would love a sweet fresh Discmania one! I was actually suprised to see you didn't offer one already.

This, and as much as I love the look of their merch, PLEASE not D.U.D.E. I can't justify $50 for a polo and $120 for a hoodie - no matter how snazzy they look. If they were closer to $30/$50, I'd hop right on 'em.

Step 1: buy hoodie, any hoodie you like, can even use old hoodie you already have
Step 2: buy iron on discmania patch
Step 3: iron on said patch from Step 2
Step 4: Wear new branded Discmania Hoodie

Step 1: buy hoodie, any hoodie you like, can even use old hoodie you already have

Already did that on a few hats :hfive: Hoping for something a little more fancy on the hoodie, like the wings logo or something of that nature.

This, and as much as I love the look of their merch, PLEASE not D.U.D.E. I can't justify $50 for a polo and $120 for a hoodie - no matter how snazzy they look. If they were closer to $30/$50, I'd hop right on 'em.

I also agree with this. Although the DUDE stuff is indeed very nice, I'd rather see another option around $40-60 instead of having to pay jacket prices for a DUDE hoodie.

Another wish list item. We need pumpkin P2's and DDx's this year please.

P2's and DDx's
S-Line Black w/ Orange stamp
S-Line Black w/ White stamp
S-Line Orange w/ Black stamp
S-Line Orange w/ White stamp

P2's
D-Line Black w/ Orange stamp
D-Line Black w/ White stamp
D-Line Orange w/ Black stamp
D-Line Orange w/ White stamp

Also...any further thought given to D-Line MD3's?

And as always, thanks for taking the time to read and respond to our questions/wishes.

Have you tried P-MD3s? If so, what would you be looking in the D-line that the P-line does not offer?

Seems like a Ryan appearance is ever less frequent. *sniffle* :'(

gotcha... I got my first PMD3 when it was still really cold outside and boy is it stiff and slick. on a sunny day in the summer no problems. but I dont play winter golf much so I am okay.

back on the wagon!

Hey guys - sorry about the lack of responses we have been prepping hard for the USDGC!

Does that mean there's a spot open on the promotion team??

There could be a spot on the promotional team at any time in the year if you show the right stuff :)

*applause*

Thank you.

i am running out of 2nd run FD's, when we see new run of FD whit same stability and feel of 2nd run?

We have been trying a few things with no luck so far. We tried Metal Flake, Glow, Flat tops, and a few different blends of plastic but can't quite seem to hit the right thing. Rest assured if we can figure out how to make it happen we'll make some for you guys!

Try the newest run. They are high speed stable, moderately flat, and have some pearl in the rim.

Yes, some of them came out that way but we got the rest of the run and they are very similar to the previous very straight flying runs. However they still have the HSS

Thank you for the update on the S-line P3. A slightly more overstable (than the d-line) is exactly what I am wishing for in a S-line P3. Hope to see them soon.

They're out! but we are still working on making them a little more overstable.

I didn't find the 6th run to be anything more than true to flight numbers, if slightly more stable due to champ plastic. Def not 2nd run territory at all.

Yes, we had the beginning of the run come out more stable but then we had it kind of go back to normal.

agreed, the 2nd runs are lovely unicorns. The only one I have left hardly gets thrown because I'm afraid to lose it.

oh no!

They are not even close to the same stability. Not even in the same ballpark.

There were some that got close but we couldn't keep replicating it

For the record, I never said the newest run is the same as a 2nd run in flight.

Back up people!

We keep trying!

just throw current jolly launcher champion teebird. or brinster teebirds which are sadly out of production and getting pricey.

but it's not Discmania!

This. I've got a flat and fairly gummy jl teebird that is a hair more os than a second run. In my opinion it's a much better feeling disc, the only thing I never liked about second runs were how stiff they are.

What makes it "much better feeling"?

The online store reports the p1x has the same top (concave) as the p line p1 however it does not. Are the g line p1x's concave or no?

We looked for this error and couldn't find it. Can you help us out? No P1x is supposed to be flat on top. but sometimes the plastic likes to shrink and we get the unique top on the original x-line p1x

i am in dire need of a MD4 update/blurb/teaser whatever. Ryan can you help a dude out??

We have tested like 5 molds and haven't found "the one" yet. They're all really overstable but we're picky!

Yeah I was kind of bummed to get a pretty meager price for it in auction a while back when I was unloading quite a pile of semi-rare discs, but cest la vie. Other discs that I did not expect much of a sale in were racked up to more than 10€ over expected price so I guess in the long run it all balances out.

I think that might have been our first metal flake disc and the PD was produced shortly after.

Another wish list item. We need pumpkin P2's and DDx's this year please.

P2's and DDx's
S-Line Black w/ Orange stamp
S-Line Black w/ White stamp
S-Line Orange w/ Black stamp
S-Line Orange w/ White stamp

P2's
D-Line Black w/ Orange stamp
D-Line Black w/ White stamp
D-Line Orange w/ Black stamp
D-Line Orange w/ White stamp

Also...any further thought given to D-Line MD3's?

And as always, thanks for taking the time to read and respond to our questions/wishes.

Sorry for the slow response. We are working on something. Hopefully we'll get to show you all soon!

We are working on a few things for this winter, hopefully the D-LINE MD3 hits the cue!

With colder weather approaching for lots of areas, I think it would be a good idea to release a Discmania hoodie! I'm currently in the market for a new disc golf hoodie, and would love a sweet fresh Discmania one! I was actually suprised to see you didn't offer one already.

We would love to be able to make them for you guys too! Thank you all for the support!

Any plans for G-line DDX's, and if so do you have a timeline?

We have thought about it, but haven't made a test run yet. It's hard to figure out a timeline without testing it first. We'll let you know if we do start testing it!

Thank you for the feedback. We'll keep that in mind. We really want to make top level products for our fans!

Close :)

Already did that on a few hats :hfive: Hoping for something a little more fancy on the hoodie, like the wings logo or something of that nature.

Thanks for the info!

I also agree with this. Although the DUDE stuff is indeed very nice, I'd rather see another option around $40-60 instead of having to pay jacket prices for a DUDE hoodie.

We understand, thanks for telling us!

Have you tried P-MD3s? If so, what would you be looking in the D-line that the P-line does not offer?

Seems like a Ryan appearance is ever less frequent. *sniffle* :'(

I'm here!

I have. I carry 1-2 during the summer months, but during the winter I'd like a little more grip. I don't care for G*/G-Line plastic...dx could be a good second to the P-Line.

It could indeed. We intend to make some, but no timeline yet.

gotcha... I got my first PMD3 when it was still really cold outside and boy is it stiff and slick. on a sunny day in the summer no problems. but I dont play winter golf much so I am okay.

Are there some things you like about the P-MD3 better than say the C or S-LINE discs?

Thanks guys and sorry for the slow responses again! I may look for a little more help to make sure we get back to you guys quicker!

Cheers,
Ryan

(about the Sparkle C-line DD2)

I think that might have been our first metal flake disc and the PD was produced shortly after.

I must have understood you wrong, but for what I know; the sparkle DD2 obviously came out in 2011, and I only saw the MF PD debut for the 2015 Aussie Open. Or did you mean that a C-line PD was produced shortly after as a Presidents Cup fundraiser?

Are there some things you like about the P-MD3 better than say the C or S-LINE discs?

PMD3, man, my fav disc from last year, along with the X-P1xs (actually to a lot of the same reasons:) Straight as an arrow, yet not fickle or touchy to a little form flaw.

The 2 swirly S-MD3s were pretty much identical to my flat EO2013 glows, so no need to keep them around. I think I ever threw one C-MD3 and while it seemed like a solid allrounder mid, I always reverted back to my glows.

Dear Disc Mania Santa(s),

For Christmas I'd like,

S Line FD2
S Line P1X
S Line FD1 (8/5/0/2)
Guessing the MD4 will replace the GM, so I'll add it here again... in S Line
S Line P3 (solid colors)

PS if you only have pink SLine plastic that's just fine.

After a few rounds with swirly s-line P3, I like that disc a lot but it would be even better if it was more overstable and completely flat. Re-(re)tooled flat d-line P3 in different stages of wear would be the best low-profile approach/driving putter for backhand and forehand there is.

Thanks Ryan/Discmania for listening to your customers!

A more overstable and flat P3 would probably kick the Zone out of my bag. I try to throw mostly Discmania, but there are still a few slots in my bag that I cannot fill with their molds. The Zone is a BIG one, as it's hands down my most used approach disc.

I have no need for a stupid OS putter really. Stupid OS mid can cover that, and right now I bag a Justice. The upcoming MD4needs to be a hog to kick that out and not just somewhat overstable again (I say again because of the P3 and FD3)

Finding more time for you guys!

(about the Sparkle C-line DD2)

I must have understood you wrong, but for what I know; the sparkle DD2 obviously came out in 2011, and I only saw the MF PD debut for the 2015 Aussie Open. Or did you mean that a C-line PD was produced shortly after as a Presidents Cup fundraiser?

PMD3, man, my fav disc from last year, along with the X-P1xs (actually to a lot of the same reasons:) Straight as an arrow, yet not fickle or touchy to a little form flaw.

The 2 swirly S-MD3s were pretty much identical to my flat EO2013 glows, so no need to keep them around. I think I ever threw one C-MD3 and while it seemed like a solid allrounder mid, I always reverted back to my glows.

About the Metal Flake PD - from what I understand it was made at the same time of the 5th run of the PD which was made somewhere around the time of the DD2 release (most likely after of course). We had not released it for a long time after it was actually created.

thanks for the feedback on the other discs!

Dear Disc Mania Santa(s),

For Christmas I'd like,

S Line FD2
S Line P1X
S Line FD1 (8/5/0/2)
Guessing the MD4 will replace the GM, so I'll add it here again... in S Line
S Line P3 (solid colors)

PS if you only have pink SLine plastic that's just fine.

S-LINE FD1? that must be a new one :D Thanks for the list!

Everyone - If we were to make solid colors but only have 4 choices what would you pick? If i had to guess --> White, Pink, Yellow-Green (Chartreuse) and either Orange or Blue. I'm pretty sure the first three would be the winners hands down but i'm not sure about that 4th color.

After a few rounds with swirly s-line P3, I like that disc a lot but it would be even better if it was more overstable and completely flat. Re-(re)tooled flat d-line P3 in different stages of wear would be the best low-profile approach/driving putter for backhand and forehand there is.

Thanks Ryan/Discmania for listening to your customers!

hmmm. About the S-LINE P3, we are working on it!

A more overstable and flat P3 would probably kick the Zone out of my bag. I try to throw mostly Discmania, but there are still a few slots in my bag that I cannot fill with their molds. The Zone is a BIG one, as it's hands down my most used approach disc.

That disc has been very hard to make a comparison to. I don't believe there are many that do compare. But - we are trying along with a few other discs...

I have no need for a stupid OS putter really. Stupid OS mid can cover that, and right now I bag a Justice. The upcoming MD4needs to be a hog to kick that out and not just somewhat overstable again (I say again because of the P3 and FD3)

Gotcha, with the P3 and FD3 we wanted them still be throwable to most of the public. We want them to be thrown :)

D line ddx possible? Would be awesome for rollers.

Many things are possible! What about a D-LINE MD3 and D-LINE PD? is there interest for these two molds as well?

Thanks for the questions guys!

Everyone - If we were to make solid colors but only have 4 choices what would you pick? If i had to guess --> White, Pink, Yellow-Green (Chartreuse) and either Orange or Blue.

Oh please blue. I love all blues but less the darker ones. Truly a color for all seasons, as is pink.

Everyone - If we were to make solid colors but only have 4 choices what would you pick? If i had to guess --> White, Pink, Yellow-Green (Chartreuse) and either Orange or Blue. I'm pretty sure the first three would be the winners hands down but i'm not sure about that 4th color.

------------------------------

Many things are possible! What about a D-LINE MD3 and D-LINE PD? is there interest for these two molds as well?

Thanks for the questions guys!

Orange has my vote. I hate blue discs (sorry guy above me).

I'd definitely be interested in a D-PD.

Ryan (Discmania guy)

Thanks for the CD2. I have had some time to test them. Intersting disc as I had no idea what to expect.

Here is my thoughts-same top as a PD. Bottom is a faster shaped fd. Amazing how similiar these two discs look. Think fd bottom with a slightly bigger wing and a PD nose.

The flight is like a broken in PD.. Actually very similiar to my Gstar PDs. As you know gplastic almost always adds some turn and decreases stability.

These are similiar to Saints. But a little less squirelly a touch more stable but with a touch less glide.

As for now, I have no idea where to put them in my bag. But the star swirl looks great and I keep taking them along to throw even though they have not found an offical slot yet.

-D-

Last edited:
Oh yeah colors. And my philosophy on discs/colors. Blank tops with a small side logo. Thank god you guys do this I can just never find the right weights. Seems everything is max.

The best colors are (this is not up for debate)- White, Pink, Light Blue, Dark Blue

Orange and yellow disappear this time of the year if you live in areas where deciduous trees dominate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.