• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Anyone know what LE plastic is? OTB has some really nice DGPT Zones, but can't find any info on what kind of plastic that is?

Discraft still has the 2021 Brian Earhart Tour Series Zones in stock. I'd think that would be preferable to Z. The Tour Series plastic this year is a nice mellow version of a premium plastic, that has some flex, but not as much as ESP or Z flex. Kinda halfway between Z and ESP.

I have a Zone in Z plastic, it was a Foundation special stamp when Zach Biscardi was still there. Unless there is something about that run of Z, it's just way too hard to use as an approach disc. If it comes in on a sharp angle into a firm, hardpacked, green, it almost always rolls away, even if the green is flat. The thickness of the rim makes the overall disc extremely stiff.

I'm beating in the ESP Zone I have and then I'll start using the Earnhardt one I bought as the ESP gets mellower.

Discraft still has the 2021 Brian Earhart Tour Series Zones in stock. I'd think that would be preferable to Z. The Tour Series plastic this year is a nice mellow version of a premium plastic, that has some flex, but not as much as ESP or Z flex. Kinda halfway between Z and ESP.

I have a Zone in Z plastic, it was a Foundation special stamp when Zach Biscardi was still there. Unless there is something about that run of Z, it's just way too hard to use as an approach disc. If it comes in on a sharp angle into a firm, hardpacked, green, it almost always rolls away, even if the green is flat. The thickness of the rim makes the overall disc extremely stiff.

I'm beating in the ESP Zone I have and then I'll start using the Earnhardt one I bought as the ESP gets mellower.

The current McBeth Z run from this year is firm but not hard and stiff. It's really perfect to me. Nice grip, some give if you bend it, just right. I bought a couple and looked for more but haven't found any in stock.

Really my favorite blend from Discraft. I do also have a Big Z, TI and ESP. They are alright as well with the Big Z being my second favorite. Little less grippy then the Z's.

Speaking of which I really do not like the current ESP plastic for the drivers. All the discs I';ve bought have been really flat and I like so dome. Innova Star is far superior to ESP for drivers.

LE = Limited Edition. Confirmed ESP.
DGPT LE Zone – The Zone is one of the best approach discs on the market, it is beadless and shallow making it perfect for forehands. This run comes in the beautiful Swirly ESP plastic and features a great looking DGPT stamp.

One thing to be aware of, regular Z zone is going to have quite a bit of skip action for a "putter" type disc. I specifically bought CT and Z Flx Zones to try to find something with less ground play.

I have a Z Fly Dye Zone that is now my most reliable disc. I got it a few years ago in a Mystery Box and I obviously can't easily replace it. I throw it at several pins with hazards 15 or 20 feet deep. So I'd love to have backups.

What is the closest available replacement? The PMcB Z Zones? I don't like really floppy discs like the Z Flx Brodie stuff.

The current ESP Zones have some really sweet swirl action going on. I had to snag the pink one I saw recently w/a rainbow stamp. Funnily enough, the other ESP and the Z that I have are also pink. Most of my overstable discs are red or pink, which makes for an easy quick glance at the bag to grab a correct disc

What is the closest available replacement? The PMcB Z Zones? I don't like really floppy discs like the Z Flx Brodie stuff.

I found the 2020 TS were pretty damn close to the 4X I was throwing. The 2021 TS are decently close aswell.

I felt the Ledgestone TI FLX Zone the other day aswell, fell in love.

Just getting back into the Zone. I'd been using the Buzzz OS for years now but I've gotten tired at how difficult it is to use BH. It would be great to see a run in Glo Z. What's the most OS run of Zone plastic out right now?

Just getting back into the Zone. I'd been using the Buzzz OS for years now but I've gotten tired at how difficult it is to use BH. It would be great to see a run in Glo Z. What's the most OS run of Zone plastic out right now?

Probably just a flat stock Z, the firmer the beefier. I'm bagging a Z flx which is a touch mellower and a putter line that's beating straight fairly quick.

Probably just a flat stock Z, the firmer the beefier. I'm bagging a Z flx which is a touch mellower and a putter line that's beating straight fairly quick.

Z Flex is the happy spot for me unless it's quite hot out. Little better grip and less skip. I don't really throw hard enough to notice a difference in stability vs regular Z. Had a crazy puddle top Z that was nice but I threw it in a lake :(

Puddle top Z or ESP will do the trick. The '20 and '21 TS are pretty beefy to start with, and add a puddle and you'll be set.

Local shop had a stack of Z flx Zones in stock so I grabbed one. Just came in their last order but the stamp is PFN just like previous stock Z flx. Plastic seems identical to my two others as well.

I was finally able to find some Z Flx zones in stock online. Been looking to replace it since I lost mine lat May. Also snagged a putter line Zone. Hoping I can beat it in somewhat straight the Tactic I found was great for a couple rounds but it's got a little too much turn now

Being predominantly a backhand player, the Zone is a disc I have struggled to love. Something about the shallow depth or the shape or feel of the rim just never clicked with me. I bag one for forehand approaches but prefer a Pig or Harp for backhand duties.

I think I am going to try and force myself to learn to backhand the Zone well and see what happens.

I guess if I can't get it dialed in for my backhand then I'll try and teach myself to forehand a Harp or Pig.

I would just like to bag one overstable putter that can cover backhand and forehand shots for me comfortably.

Being predominantly a backhand player, the Zone is a disc I have struggled to love. Something about the shallow depth or the shape or feel of the rim just never clicked with me. I bag one for forehand approaches but prefer a Pig or Harp for backhand duties.

I think I am going to try and force myself to learn to backhand the Zone well and see what happens.

I guess if I can't get it dialed in for my backhand then I'll try and teach myself to forehand a Harp or Pig.

I would just like to bag one overstable putter that can cover backhand and forehand shots for me comfortably.

What plastics have you tried for BH? Z works best for FH, but ESP seems to be better for BH. I usually use a Z since most of my Zone shots are FH, but sometimes I'll swap it up, especially if the course has a lot of short, left finishing holes.

How you grip the Zone might also be part of the problem. I usually rest my pointer on the rim and tuck the other 3 underneath. My thumb is usually close to the spot where the rim/flight plate meet.

I tried to love both the Pig and Harp FH, but always reverted back to the Zone, since it was the comfiest for FHS even though I gave up a bit of BH comfortability.

Recently a lot of my BH shots that I'd throw with a Zone have been going to my TS Luna with a hyzer release, and it's been working pretty well for me.

Latest posts