• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Officially the windiest city!

I have played multiple times in 30 MPH winds up here in Northern Minnesota. Carry a Drone or get owned.

You can putt with upsidedown drivers to help fight wind that bad.

I was ready for windy conditions at the GBO. Here in Arkansas we don't have consistent big winds like Kansas. I played in every windy day we had trying to learn exactly how my discs would perform.

A group of us from central AR got to Emporia on Wednesday and played a practice round in moderate winds, then on Thursday the winds were pretty consistently strong for the two practice rounds we played. So what happened on the first day of the tourney? Calm. Calm again on Saturday and Sunday. I was actually quite disappointed to not get to play in the big winds I've always heard about at that tournament.

Baku, Azerbaijan. Also known as the "City of Winds". Very windy almost every day here. Last year the average was 11.8 mph. That would compare with Buffalo at #10 with 11.8 mph average also. The short beginner course here can become challenging at times. Gator time!

Latest posts