• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Old ESP vs new ESP

huge fan

I have an ESP Avenger SS that I bought around 2008 or 2009. That is the only ESP I've had until this week when I bought a new XL ESP.

The older one feels sturdier and has a little slicker finish. Anyone have some older ESP's and is it common for manufacturer's to change their formula much?

My 2 newer ESP Buzzz bought in the last 6 months are softer and more flexible than my older ones, dating to 2010. I like the new ESP Buzzz's better, grippier and they seem to have more glide.

I concur. I have a Buzzz from 2013 that is more firm than the one I purchased this year to have as a back up. I am really happy with both, they have about the same amount of wear and fly about the same. I've put both of them 400ft on dead straight downhill lines (vertical drop of 60ft, its a really touchy shot). I can't get the Big Z Buzzz to do that as well and the Buzzz SS (big Z) turns too much.
I really want a Big Z stamp in the bright yellow/green new ESP, ideally shatter stamp (will pay good money if its a bright color). ESP Buzzz is a keeper. It took a week to wear in, very slightly, and hasn't changed. And I use it a lot and there are rocks and trees.
I have a very old ESP XL that I think is firm.
I just sold 2 ESP Bangers that were very firm, as firm as Z.
I can't get the same solid grip on the big Z plastic as the ESP. I fork grip mids at full power, maybe the added flex gives the thumb a better hold.

Latest posts