• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
Almost all my disc golf is played where there are either turf or natural tees. Played a round on concrete yesterday and my lower body is freaking killing me.

Well.....dunking my feet in the cooler, has always been a frowned upon rehydration activity. Especially by the slackers I play with, drinking out of my stash of Oberon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ..........................................................................................hmmmmmmm, wait....maybe not such bad idea? :unsure:
Although you glady offer me an Oberon after a round, I never want it. So as far as I'm concerned, dunk away! I was never eyeing one of them anyway. 😉

But I can see how Bunko or Brad might not appreciate it. 🤔

Last edited:
If When we finally play a round or three together, dunk away. Unless you have superhuman foot funk, I doubt it's permeating glass or aluminum.

I think I prefer crushed compacted stone dust. Not the super fluffy stuff although that's not bad just have to regrade before throwing more often. It lets your feet twist and if installed correctly drains well.
And is softer than concrete on the joints.
Turf is good if it's installed correctly. Not the kind that gets slick in the rain and is grippy one way vs the other.

Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

Sup Bitches. I'm here to stay.

There goes the neighborhood. I bet some of you newbie old farts even like hip-hop. 🤮

Hip-hop is older than most old farts. :cool:

Hip-hop is celebrating its 50th birthday. It started with a back-to-school party on August 11, 1973, in The Bronx. Clive Campbell, known as DJ Kool Herc, improvised and played snippets in a loop on two turntables to keep the music and dancing going.