• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Mace

jskew113

* Ace Member *
Saw these were out and hadn't seen much about them.

How do they compare to the previously released plastics?

I like that the mold is getting the Fieldbeard seal of approval.

Thoughts?

Picked one up today and its finally that Lat roc I wanted. It's got that HSS stilbilty that the Goldline sometimes lacks on full power throws. I'll really be able to test it out more tomorrow but from the handful of throws I got with it I have a feeling it's going to be money.

Picked one up today and its finally that Lat roc I wanted. It's got that HSS stilbilty that the Goldline sometimes lacks on full power throws. I'll really be able to test it out more tomorrow but from the handful of throws I got with it I have a feeling it's going to be money.

Very interested in these. Roc3s lack the beef that I want from a "bookend" premium roc. If these are truly beefy wind fighters I'll surely bag one.

I ordered two white ones yesterday, and I'm excited to try them out. I absolutely love the white opto plastic. To anyone who has thrown them: how flat have yours been?

And I too would like to find out how flat these are coming out, and if the PLH are coming out lower or higher than the other plastics

I'm not well versed on trilogy discs, but how similar are the Pain and Mace? I threw a Pain two summers ago and it flew just like a Wasp but in slightly better candy plastic.

Have an Opto Mace on the way! Been checking the USPS three times a day since Monday. Supposed to get here Thursday, have the day off Friday. :D
I've never been this excited for a disc.

It got here today. Super sexy opto plastic. Looks and feels a lot like more like Prodigy 400 plastic than Opto. Real grippy. Flatish flight plate. Haven't compared it to the Zero Hard but its definitely flatter than a Gold Line.

It got here today. Super sexy opto plastic. Looks and feels a lot like more like Prodigy 400 plastic than Opto. Real grippy. Flatish flight plate. Haven't compared it to the Zero Hard but its definitely flatter than a Gold Line.

get out there and let me know how it flies!:p

slightly less beefy than a drone but more than a hornet

I Don't throw these, I use Discraft mids, but I kinda try to keep up on all Lat64 stuff, because they are all over the rest of my bag.
Wow, I did not think it was going to be that beefy.

Haven't thrown them yet but I just got two white Optos, and they are lovely discs. Great looking and feeling plastic, one is flatish and the other one has slightly more dome but nothing extreme. The plastic is some of the best opto I've ever felt.

Im gonna have to hear from a few more people about the flight of these things before I believe they are beefier than a Z Hornet....

I have only gotten to play one round with the Opto Mace. Dam you school and work. No open field test yet. Whenever I reached for my ZH I also threw the GL and Opto. I tried to throw all three the same. I found the Opto was more overstable. Had about the same LSS as the ZH and more HSS. The GL was the least overstable of the three. Less HSS and less LSS compared to a slightly beat ZH Mace. When I field test them I'm going to use a fresh ZH first run to get the best results possible.

The PLH looks the same on all three. The GL feels like it has more dome than the other two. I say feels because I can't really see a huge difference.

I was using a FR GL Mace 176g, a stock stamp ZH Mace 177g, and Fieldberg(?) sig Opto Mace 177g.