• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Orc like discs

when I started throwing DC I did replace the orc with a crush... never hear much about that disc is it OOP?

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the current run Orc's? I have 6 of them (None real domey) and it's my favorite control driver, but I've never seen or used one of these old molds, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing?

Anyway, the closest thing to an Orc I've thrown is a PD (little more HSS stable) and a Tesla, but the Tesla has a shallower rim.

Replaced my star Orc with a gold Saint and have been using the sampo in this spot to(sampo also kicked out my pro wraith)
Also the gold line flow works also

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the current run Orc's? I have 6 of them (None real domey) and it's my favorite control driver, but I've never seen or used one of these old molds, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing?

Anyway, the closest thing to an Orc I've thrown is a PD (little more HSS stable) and a Tesla, but the Tesla has a shallower rim.

After getting a couple domeless JL-like champ Orcs(online) that didn't fly like an Orc should, I found a nice normal dome, normal champ on the shelf, and it's a great flyer!

PD is pretty close but a little slower, same with QOLF. Tesla's I have are much more OS than Orc's. The closest I've found is actually a lucid Escape...same 2.0 rim, same speed(in the air), and stability between the two is spot on, IME.

when I started throwing DC I did replace the orc with a crush... never hear much about that disc is it OOP?

Crush is a nice driver, but like the Orc/Wraith, it was lost in the shuffle after the Surge came out. I had ESP Crush that wasn't that OS, just super straight under high power with a moderate but reliable fade at the end. The flat Z's are another story, pretty darn OS.

My form is no where near the same as when I threw Orcs, but it does seem to me the Wrath is very similar.

I don't get the Escape/Saint comparisons. They have much less HSS to me.

My form is no where near the same as when I threw Orcs, but it does seem to me the Wrath is very similar.

I don't get the Escape/Saint comparisons. They have much less HSS to me.

Lucid Escape-champ Orc are very close in HSS, IME. Talking -1 on both according to the Innova and Lat64 ratings, with the Orc having a 3 LSS and the Escape a 2. But as always, it depends on the Escape and the Orc you happen to get. The ones I was comparing are very similar, both have a moderate dome, both in champ type plastic.

I've thrown quite a few orcs including the flat pearlies and escapes are considerably less stable. Escapes have to be thrown with a hyzer release to fly close to the stability of orcs.

I've thrown quite a few orcs including the flat pearlies and escapes are considerably less stable. Escapes have to be thrown with a hyzer release to fly close to the stability of orcs.

Nah, they're very close in stability. Orc's aren't really that OS. I throw the Orc and Escape together in practice all the time, and they're interchangeable in my bag. Lucid Escape, bud. Now the Saint is noticeably less stable than the Escape or Orc.

wait, so how are the new Beasts flying? Are we talking about the JL beasts? Did they mold get an update/changed back?

Nah, they're very close in stability. Orc's aren't really that OS. I throw the Orc and Escape together in practice all the time, and they're interchangeable in my bag. Lucid Escape, bud. Now the Saint is noticeably less stable than the Escape or Orc.

Lol ok bud.

The two moonshine I had were LESS stable then the old pearly orcs I have had, current champ orcs may be a different story I've never thrown one. But old orcs are more os then the two moonshine escapes I had.

Lol ok bud.

The two moonshine I had were LESS stable then the old pearly orcs I have had, current champ orcs may be a different story I've never thrown one. But old orcs are more os then the two moonshine escapes I had.

I don't think Orc's are as overstable as you're giving them credit for. I had 2 flat JL-ish Orc's(from about 3 years ago) that would turn pretty easily, my current champ(1 year) has a normal dome and is more stable, like an Orc should be, but hardly OS.

As for the Escape, I'm not saying it's OS, I mentioned the -1 HSS, 2 LSS numbers it's rated at by Lat64 earlier. For me, it flies a lot like my Orc.

Where's this coming from that Orc's are overstable?

Escape is a speed 9, and is considered stable. I would compare it to a Viking before I would ever compare it to an Orc.

They may both be rated as speed 9, but the Escape wing is wider than the Viking(2.0 vs 1.9) and it's also sharper, the Viking has a very blunt wing edge. Stability may be close, but the Escape is faster in the air...it should probably be rated at speed 10, cuz it's faster than Lat64's other speed 9 discs(Saint, etc).

I don't think Orc's are as overstable as you're giving them credit for. I had 2 flat JL-ish Orc's(from about 3 years ago) that would turn pretty easily, my current champ(1 year) has a normal dome and is more stable, like an Orc should be, but hardly OS.

As for the Escape, I'm not saying it's OS, I mentioned the -1 HSS, 2 LSS numbers it's rated at by Lat64 earlier. For me, it flies a lot like my Orc.

Where's this coming from that Orc's are overstable?

Because the OP was talking about old orcs.