• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

SD, i bag a PFN star that is nicely tuned at this point. It fits the slot of the "longer T-bird" for me. good line shaper/flip up lazer/big anny that wants to fight out. on a good flat throw, it shows some turn, but fights out (no windage)

SD, i bag a PFN star that is nicely tuned at this point. It fits the slot of the "longer T-bird" for me. good line shaper/flip up lazer/big anny that wants to fight out. on a good flat throw, it shows some turn, but fights out (no windage)

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a good disc.

I used to throw a Champion Orc back in the day...like the day when I learned how to play disc golf. Maybe in my 2nd and 3rd year I had a couple orcs that I liked a lot....time passed, I tried new discs, Orcs were lost/sold/placed in a lake.
BUT lately I've been going back to the molds of my day....I recently started bagging Buzzes again, I picked up a Starfire, I've been using the Valkyrie for a while, and finally got a teebird back in the mix....now I have a new ORC in the mail, should be arriving TODAY or tomorrow if those people are gonna move slow with it.

So excited to toss the Orc again....it will have a home in my bag for sure. Glad to be back. ORC LOVE

Thought I'd updated this; maybe that was on another thread. I got my Star Orc, 162g, and I've tested it in windy and calm conditions on the range and the course. It's exactly what I wanted for headwind drives off the tee. Fights the wind and definitely has more glide than the Starfire. It's also pretty good in all conditions. It has a healthy skip, which can be useful at times.

It's not outdoing my Terns or (new) Star Wraith, so it'll probably stay in the windy weather bag for now. But it's a good disc.

Never found Orcs to be good headwind fighters, especially lighter ones. Heavy champ Orcs are better, but still marginal.

I just found another newer champ orc for wind duty. I picked it up and assumed it was a mis stamped firebird due to the flatness and high plh. I threw it off the tee on 888 in a big wind at winthrop yesterday and it saved my butt from a flip-n-dump into the parking lot. Third shot missed the island by a foot though so I ended up with a 6, bleh...

I have a couple flattish Champ Orcs that will turn pretty easily. They don't have high PLH though. Also have a normal dome champ Orc that is a great flyer, but still iffy into a headwind. I've owned Star and Pro Orcs too. Pro is the least stable, other than DX.

When I was still learning and sub 250ft, I found orcs to be AMAZING for headwinds. Really good distance driver for when I was newer. Didn't throw it as much as my teebird, but it was useful for low straight shots that had to finish with right.

Now I really like them, but with a headwind they may go right some.

I just took the orc out to try out destroyers, but after winning triples this week I bought a copy of my 166 champ with my winning and I'm gonna try to get them back in.

I was just starting to get them to ride long with a flat or hyzer release when I decided I needed a bigger disc. After trying a Krait and a few destroyer, I'm gonna go back to these. I'm pretty confident I'm gonna start breaking my distance records with a bit of practice.

I hear the stars a kinda stable, so if these champions work out I might grab a 165-170 star to be a stable bookend to the distance driver combo.

When I was still learning and sub 250ft, I found orcs to be AMAZING for headwinds. Really good distance driver for when I was newer. Didn't throw it as much as my teebird, but it was useful for low straight shots that had to finish with right.

Now I really like them, but with a headwind they may go right some.

I just took the orc out to try out destroyers, but after winning triples this week I bought a copy of my 166 champ with my winning and I'm gonna try to get them back in.

I was just starting to get them to ride long with a flat or hyzer release when I decided I needed a bigger disc. After trying a Krait and a few destroyer, I'm gonna go back to these. I'm pretty confident I'm gonna start breaking my distance records with a bit of practice.

I hear the stars a kinda stable, so if these champions work out I might grab a 165-170 star to be a stable bookend to the distance driver combo.

I carry a couple PFN Champs, and complement them with a Star Starfire for beefier/headwind needs.

I love the Orc. I still have not thrown a better Hammer disc. I can throw any disc on a thumber, but there is just something about the Orc that makes it a beautifully accurate hammer disc for me. Very predictable on the verge of point and shoot.

Also love it for Flex and HF distance.

Never thrown the OLF...I have wanted to for a long time but the Local shop doesn't carry much Millennium. Also whenever I think about putting the order in online I always pause and can't ever seem to pull the trigger seeing as how I already have 6 Orcs. One day I am sure I will get a shot at the OLF though.

OLF is a fantastic disc and a go to for me lately.
Orcs always seemed a bit more stable than what I wanted, but I always threw champ Orcs and I've been thinking of coming back to them in a diff plastic.

well, i am always talking about you.

orc vs olf?

I know you might be somewhat asking in jest, but since their numbers are similar I think it is a good question to consider for those who might be interested. I love both. I backhand my OLFs and mostly stick to forehanding my Orcs, though I will now occasionally backhand a nicely beat in Orc. Orcs have both more turn and more fade than an OLF. OLFs I think are a little straighter and do better in a headwind.

not in jest! i am genuinely curious. i'm not thinking of replacing my olfs, but i still like to find discs to throw just to gain some experience. it sounds like a fun disc.

OLF and the PD have almost the same numbers, but slightly different from the Orc.

Think of OLF/PD as a teebird and the Orc as an Eagle-X.

not in jest! i am genuinely curious. i'm not thinking of replacing my olfs, but i still like to find discs to throw just to gain some experience. it sounds like a fun disc.

After that collection of OLF's you've amassed? For shame!

Orc has more distance potential, OLF more control...IME.

A couple of years ago I found a 172 pre-flight w/ pat# champ-star blend Red Orc. It was the first and only Orc I ever tried. I was surprised how overstable it was, almost Firebird like but with a different feel. It sat in my closet for a while until a few months ago when I came across a couple of other pat # champ-star red orcs. Gave the one i had sitting around again and liked it more this time so naturally since I can't just have 1 disc I like I bought a few other of the same exact variety. I am up to 5 now all equally beefy overstable. I'm wondering if these are some sort of left over special edition just now re-emerging? Any Orc lovers have info on these?

Last edited:

Latest posts