• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Organizing discs

My bag is divided by stability with the lowest stability in the middle

CPD/SPD/PPD/TeeBird/Gold Line River/TM River||||Flying Squirrel/straight Z Wasp/Proton Vector/Z Zone
Wizards in the front

As for at home, they're organized alphabetically by manufacturer.

Bag: Speed then stability

Storage: Same as DGCR disc organizer. Alpha by manufacture-->Alpha by mold-->Alpha by plastic-->Weight

In the bag they just go putters/mids/drivers.

Throwers that are not in the bag are stored on some old CD storage racks. There are five of them; two of them hold putters, one holds mids, one holds fairway drivers and one holds distance drivers. I don't throw a lot of distance drivers, so the overflow mid ranges end up on that rack.

For the unthrown storage they are separated by company and then placed in putter/mid/driver order. Then they are separated by speed, then stability. So for example a box with Innova Mids will go Stingray/Cobra/Shark/Roc/Panther/Spider/Gator. Discs of the same kind are placed lighter to heavier so a 170g Roc will be in front of a 177G Roc. Sometimes something throws a monkey wrench in the plans, like the fact that I have too many Rocs for them to fit in the box with the rest of the mids so they get their own box. I also have "collectable" stuff like first runs and old SE discs separated from the rest of the discs.

So there is a system there, just not one that makes sense to anybody but me.

thank you for reminding me gunther exists....thats is all

One Anode in the putter pocket then every other disc in my bag organized by speed. For discs of the same speed flilppier first and OS last. Looking down at my bag it looks like this:

Eclipse Anode

Stormtrooper Ion
Eclipse Anode
Eclipse Axis x2
Eclipse Vector
SJLS
SOLF thats worn
QOLF thats worn
QOLF thats fresh

Then sometimes DD's and / or Quasars but lately I haven't carried them. Ion breaks the organized by stability rule because I like keeping all the white rims together.

From right to left, distance, fairway, mids, putters, in order of stability over to under. All facing the same direction. Yep.

If anyone out there doesn't keep they're discs in the sme direction then they have a severe mental deficiency. Or just a severe stamp deficiency.:doh::p

One Anode in the putter pocket then every other disc in my bag organized by speed. For discs of the same speed flilppier first and OS last. Looking down at my bag it looks like this:

Eclipse Anode

Stormtrooper Ion
Eclipse Anode
Eclipse Axis x2
Eclipse Vector
SJLS
SOLF thats worn
QOLF thats worn
QOLF thats fresh

Then sometimes DD's and / or Quasars but lately I haven't carried them. Ion breaks the organized by stability rule because I like keeping all the white rims together.

What's the Volt going to kick out of the bag, or do you have room waiting? :D

My bag is organized into mids, fairways and distance drivers,.
Within each group, I have them in order of stability:

Storm, Comet, Buzzz, Nebula, Hornet, Drone
DX Leopard, JLS, Star Leopard, TeeBird, Eagle, Predator *
Avenger SS, R-Pro Boss, Blizz Wraith, Star Beast, Pro Boss (beat), Champ Archon**, FLX Surge

* maybe it's faster than a fairway, but I use it as an overstable fairway... when I need something way more stable than an Eagle.

**for some reason, my Champ Archon is strangely overstable.

Last edited:
I have a simple, generic bag that has a single divider and an external putter pocket.

Regardless of the amount of discs I carry, they are generally organized first by type (putter, mid, etc.) and then in stability with least stable away from me and progressively going to most stable.

Thus, if I carry a full bag:

Pocket:Rhyno
Far Compartment: Birdie; Comet; Wasp
Near Compartment: Gazelle; Cylcone; Teebird; Beast; Wraith; Firebird

Most of the time I'm usually playing with less than a full bag and leave the Birdie/Teebird/Beast/Wraith at home/in car, but the system stays the same.

**for some reason, my Champ Archon is strangely overstable.

Same was true about a Proto Cfr I had awhile back.

Also wish it was truer for the mold.

Mine are organized by speed, then stability. I can look at my bag and know what disc isn't in there.

I have seven bags of discs that are organized this way. (Yes, I know I have a problem).

The only "storage" is a backpack full of putters, organized by manufacturer, then mold.

I guess I have the opposite of organized. My latitude 64 pro has an Innova U-channel with 2 dividers. I keep my mids and driving putters on one side, towel and extra water (or coffee mug if it's in the morning) in the middle, drivers/fairway drivers on the other end. Softer putter in the putter pocket. If any discs are the same color, I separate them from the others.

My fade crunchbox has mids/putter at the front, drivers/fairway drivers at the back. Putter in the putter pocket. Since it's a smaller setup, I try not to have any discs of the same color.

I don't have too many extra discs, but I keep the ones I have in a plastic storage bin with a lid.

For my bag, I use color patterns (change based on what I put in and pull out). I use groups of three, and it lets me know what disc I am missing if I miss anything. I can also glace at my bag and know exactly what disc I want for what type of shot.

For my collection: I use bins and separate by stability then condition/disc type.

For my backup throwers, I just use bins.

HOWEVER, I track all of my inventory in a spreadsheet (since I have quite a few and buy/sell/trade often).

Latest posts