• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] OS Putter/Mid Battle Royale

OS putter/mid for straight then fade

• Total voters
No one said V.P.?

I'm disappointed, DGCR.

Good HSS, good LSS, lasts forever, maybe.

VP is indeed a great disc. Depending on what BroD wants it for, though, it may not fit his needs. I love it for approaches, but am not a fan of the deep profile for driving purposes.

True, get a soft from MST for like 9 bucks. Should last forever.

I'm not a fan of med x-link, doesn't seem super durable and the ridges I've had are misshapen(warped FP etc). :\

I don't know what unfortunate luck you've had, but all of the Vibram Mediums I've thrown are hella durable. The Firms are comparable to that of premium plastic, but the Mediums I've encountered have all been way tougher than that.

Yeah, medium Vibram is some of the most durable stuff I've ever seen. The VP isn't a bad suggestion but I don't like throwing VPs or Ridges b/c they have no glide.

I've got a Breaker on the way so I'll see how that goes. Enjoying the Squall do much I decided to give another DGA disc a whirl, plus ESP/Pro-line is some of my favorite plastic.

I'll be interested to see how you like the Breaker. I tried it when I was thinking about replacing my Zone. Of all the overstable putters I threw, it was one of my favorites. It just wasn't beefy enoguh for me.

Now that I've played a few rounds without it I can confidently say that I don't miss having an OS putter. I put two Mortars in my bag, one Recon/Champ and one Frontline X/GStar, and they cover everything that an OS putter would but with more wind resistance and I like the way they feel in the hand better both fh and bh.

The 300S PA1 I was throwing was great also and would've been mentioned, but I was seeing some high speed turn in stronger winds.

I'm liking my 400 PA1 for approaches, big wind putting, and find it covers 80% of my GL Mace lines too. If its not too windy, I go straight from Buzzz to QJ most of the time knowing the PA1 will hold a hyzer if needed.

Of your choices, I'd go Suspect.

There's a couple top pros here (PR&TA) that kill with dx Cros. The two dx Cros I've thrown flew like faster less glidey shorter Rocs similar to a Suspect. I dare you to get a circle stamp jolly launcher Cro, that mold has been waiting for JL forever.

If I'm looking for something more OS than a fresh Wizard, I like to power down (just slightly) a Cryztal Drone.

Latest posts