• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] OS Putter/Mid Battle Royale

OS putter/mid for straight then fade

• Total voters

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Looking for a small diameter mid/putter with lots of HSS and a nice hook of fade in the end (and most importantly, keeps this fade as it beats in). Something between a Zone (meathook) and an Ion (laser straightness). Prefer premium plastic.

Here's my bag if it helps:

Drivers/SPD/VIP Swords/PPD
Ch. Banshee/Eagle Xs
Mid-Ranges/Z&ESP Nebula/Squall/Fuses
Putters/Ion/Summit/Polecat

Here are the ones with my interest:

DGA Breaker
DD Suspect
Legacy Clozer
Axiom Envy
Westside Harp (although only like one guy in Finland has thrown it)
Other

ion bro..tolds ya.. sinus?

Lat. sinus is a slower zone IMO.. beef' but beat in and they are straight due to less premi plastic.

opto pure too' but will beat straight like Ion I said before'

Last edited:
I voted Suspect. It has great HSS and a reliable fade for me. I am throwing BioFuzion, and the feel in the hand is tremendous.

If you want something closer to putter speed, I'd go Breaker. It's very similar to the Suspect but I feel like the fade kicks in a bit earlier.

I also bag an Envy, and it doesn't have the amount of fade you're looking for. I use it mostly for upshots, but if I need something off the tee I know I can power up and still have fade, I'm reaching for the Suspect. Classic Blend feels even beefier.

Breaker and Suspect are both awesome discs and feel amazing in the hand, great profile (similar). I like both but use Suspects exclusively. Have them in every plastic and use them for bh and fh. You will never beat one in enough to "flip", but I have 2 first run lucids that are very straight but have a consistent fade at the very end of the throw. Always.

One of my favorite discs. However, I do not putt with these...

Champ Spider(I've been known to putt with one) or Cro?
The beat Champ Spider in my bag has very little turn and a surprising fade(nothing crazy, just more than expected)
Cro should be more OS.

Pain, Sinus, Suspect
People calling a Ion and a Pure overstable are either crazy MVP fanboys or just don't know what they are talking about.

Pain, Sinus, Suspect
People calling a Ion and a Pure overstable are either crazy MVP fanboys or just don't know what they are talking about.

Maybe you should've just quoted Aim :rolleyes:

I tried using a suspect like I used to use a zone, I don't recommend treating it as a putter.

I haven't thrown any of the choices
I carry a zone and a ridge, then slide up to a hornet and wasp.

As much as I love the Envy, I don't think it's quite as overstable as you're looking for.

Should you try it anyway? Definitely. It'll give you that Ion glide, with trusty stability, and a very comfortable grip.

I would imagine that a Suspect and Envy could easily occupy the same bag.

I can't believe this thread has gone 15 posts without someone mentioning a Crosslap Credo. Definitely my go-to for overstable approaches.

Mike C Credo Test

400 PA1 is working great for me. Great for OS short drives or approaches - always fades.

Gator if I need more stable.

Latest posts