• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ottawa Metro -- Lima, OH

Kellermeyer14

Although I live in Louisville, I hail from Lima, OH; and the scuttlebutt (look it up...or use context clues) is that the local parks system is there is planning on expanding the disc golf course to 18 holes. That's according to my brother, who heard it from Tony Waterfall, who is heavily involved with disc-golfing in Beantown. Right now the bulk of it is in the woods (7 out of 9 holes), but the park is looking to utilize the rest of their "huge tracts of land" (M.P. and the Holy Grail).

I'm reaching out to anyone who's ever played this little gem of a course (I think I gave it a two and a half disc rating) to see if they have any wish lists or fantasy holes they'd like to see erected.

I'll start it off by saying I'd like to see some elevation changes with some of the new holes. I'd also like them to incorporate some of the water around the area.

Any other ideas?

P.S. Does anyone have more info about the goings on at O.M. or more detailed information about the course expansion. If so, information or links to more information would be greatly appreciated.

Update

I ran into one of the courses designers the other day and this is what I found out:

The course will receive 9 more holes on one condition: Shawnee gets shut down (which many are pulling for; I think the nearby school might want the property), and OM gets those holes. The holes will be Innova Disc catchers, not Mach 3's, which is what the current 9 holes are.

The tee for hole 1 will probably be moved to the other side of the peace grove.

They plan to incorporate hills, but aren't sure about incorporating the ponds, though I implored her to do so.

I will keep everyone updated as I find out more.

Latest posts