• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overstable-ish Putter to Compliment Magnet

I have a real ESP mag- not a titanic- and z. They aren't what your looking for. They're more for durability or grip preferences, not really worth the cost IMHO.

Also notice that the foci/wiz lovers don't toss mags. They use em as a main putter. As a mag lover, I wasn't impressed with the wiz. Not that it wasn't cool, just that it wasn't overstable enough to compliment the mag. If I didn't have so many challengers I'd give the vp a shot, or even a spike by lat.

The ringer might work too but I haven't tried it enough to give an honest review. The zone is probally too overstable.

Btw, if those ESP mags are 172+, pick it up and I'll buy it from you(to collect)

A wizard is kind of overstable

Have you tried putting with a slower mid when its real windy? You may already have something in your bag that will work for you. It's not for everyone but may just be worth a try.

I have used my Cro like that. Works pretty well. And the Star plastic is still pretty soft. Worth a try. I putter with only Cro's for months and did OK.

Extremely overstable? Zone.
Moderately? Wizard.

agreed. my focus can do either so i just keep a omega ss and my focus. might kill the omega off for a zone if i can find one. i just borrow my buddy's zone some times and its pretty tight for reaching around trees and what not. the magnet is pretty much a stiffer omega but i like its chain grabbin abilities

Last edited:
If you throw nose down, the Focus holds its line nicely. I use it as my primary driver...

I love my FLX Drone.

Windy day putting, put around a tree, whatever. I can take routes I never took before. My favorite is when a basket is protected in front by trees I simply throw it out wide and let it fade behind the basket taking the backdoor route.

Also works well when the basket is placed near the edge of water. Throw wide and let it fade in coming sideways to the basket so you won't overthrow into the water.

Give the Lat64 Sinus SP a try. It's a nice stable putter that works well in the wind and for other overstable putter duties. I use Challengers as my primary putters and I find the Sinus to be an excellent compliment.