• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overweight discs

Rules is rules is rules.

If you break one because its "inconvenient," you will break others as the "need" arises.

A disc marked 175 may be 174.2. I would not worry about it unless some drunk guy is bragging about his 181 Wizard.

Yours probably are 180 since they sat in swamp water so long. I would call you on it. Hope you have a scale in the car to prove me wrong.

Get a life loser.

You would have to have the scale to prove you're right.

not if it says 180 on the disc. you have to prove the ink is wrong. and if I call you during the round you can not use it until the TD checks it.

I can write whatever the hell I want on my disc.

Show me the rule says I can't.

If you think it's overweight, call me on it and then prove it.

I can write whatever the hell I want on my disc.

Show me the rule says I can't.

If you think it's overweight, call me on it and then prove it.

you do not know the rules. I can call you on a disc and you can not use it until it is checked even if I am wrong.

You can still throw it. If it's later found to be illegal, you get a penalty stroke for every time you threw it. Better bring a pen and paper...

You can still throw it. If it's later found to be illegal, you get a penalty stroke for every time you threw it. Better bring a pen and paper...

I would just call a courtesy violation every throw for the swamp smell that comes out of the bag.

Yeah, get proven wrong so resort to your usual bull**** prerube.

not proven wrong read above. If it says 180 I will just tell the TD that I had just cause to call your disc. If neither of you has a scale the only call will be to go by the ink.

Last edited:
Guess we would both be sitting at the pavilion with our called disc waiting on the director to approve all our disc.

I would gladly let you call every one of my discs because I would not want to play on your card.
I said I would not worry about it unless they are bragging that they are knowingly over weight
and you came in challenging me to call you. With that kind of attitude I would guess you are a bag thrower and general hissy fitter.
Now lets end the internet cock fight and get back on topic.

Last edited:
I wasn't even responding to you. Just to the ridiculousness of this whole issue.

I'm on the side that's arguing once it's got the PDGA approved stamp it's a good disc unless it's altered in some way that does go against the rules.

I'm as laid back as they come. Stop assuming things.

Even the PDGA says the disc is not legal if created illegal it is "our responsibility"
not that I agree with it totally, but the way the rule is written if you play with an overweight disc you can be called even if it is factory stamped and inked.
Again I would not call it unless the person is knowingly bragging about it. Most people do not know the max weight of most discs and will never call it unless someone is being stupid about it and bragging about the advantage they got from their 181 wizard in the wind.