• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Paired mid ranges? US OS Combo?

I pair a Tangent w/ a Tensor.
*you did ask @ MVP*
Both are phenomenal discs, but feel NOTHING alike which is what the OP was looking for. Adjusting to the high PLH and unusual feel of the Tensor has been extremely challenging for me. However, I've hit enough really solid shots with it (including an ace) that I'm willing to make the adjustment. The Tangent felt good in my hand and did great things the couple times I've borrowed one to throw, but I already have a Mako that I like and trust for the same shots I'd use the Tangent on.

For myself I've tried Buzzz/Fuse and Comet/Hornet for similar feel and different flights. Personally though, I'm less worried about feel and more worried about the desired result.

Does anyone else pair a Z Buzzz with a Z Hornet and a Zone? I dig it because they are all beadless and flat. Pretty much the same feel in the hand and lots of OS/Stable lines covered, I also power turnover my buzzz and use a Comet for everything else.

This is my mid lineup exactly.

Does anyone else pair a Z Buzzz with a Z Hornet and a Zone? I dig it because they are all beadless and flat. Pretty much the same feel in the hand and lots of OS/Stable lines covered, I also power turnover my buzzz and use a Comet for everything else.

This is exactly what I use

Sentinel and Meteor make a great pair. My Tursas is not as understable as advertised, so it stays as my dead straight mid when I don't think I can get a Pure there.

suspect, buzzz, cobra.

suspect and buzzz feel real similar, the cobra not so much, but that doesn't bother me. I tried the meteor for that slot, it has more of a buzzz feel, but I never really clicked with it.

Fuse / Buzzz combo for this guy...although the Shark does some of the work when I need an overhand approach or a disc to get me out of trouble.

MVP have a duo?

Why yes. Yes they do.

Tangent and Tensor are a very good combo. They have the same width, but the Tensor does have a bit of a unique rim. I have never had a problem with it, and it actually feels very comfortable in my hand.

You asked for the same feel, and the best way to get that is a fresh disc, and a beat disc of the same mold. Some have suggested Roc/Roc, and that's not a bad choice at all. Fresh Vector/beat Vector is also a great option.

I roll with the Tursas / Warship combo. Both feel *virtually* identical in the hand. TP for understable and VIP for stable...

VIP Tursas and VIP Warship for straight and straight with fade. TP Tursas and TP Warship for turnover and anny without fade. I use a Suspect to fill the shorter OS role; will probably "upgrade" to a Verdict after it is released in production Lucid.

Latest posts