• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Paradigm Disc Golf

BIGHAFNER

Eagle Member
Hey guys, I hadn't seen anything on here about this particular company. From what I know, they are a brand new company from Biloxi Mississippi. They only have 100 discs made, that I know of. I just received #8 in the mail from them today. I got to play a round with it, but it was really windy so I can't give an accurate description of exactly how it flies. I'll hopefully get another, less windy, round in with it in the near future. :)

You must know more than anyone if you got a tester. Are they molding their own?

From what I can tell, it is a moderately overstable fairway driver. For me it flipped a little on big rips into a 15-20mph headwind. But I am a relatively big arm, (450'-475' golf distance on good days). My dad threw it and it seemed to be pretty overstable for him. It is a lot like a good Teebird, but it flies faster. Due to its shallower rim I assume. I like it so far, but I need more time with it.

The plastic is very much like Opto or VIP. Almost the exact same feel, so I'm not sure who molds it. Whether it be themselves or a bigger company. And they posted something on Disc Golf Collector Exchange about it, I just commented and they apparently liked me! (That makes one.....)

i know someone who has a deity disc...

interesting. wonder if it's the same person i met? i got to throw a couple; in the interest of keeping their info as their info, i'll just say i liked what i got to throw. good grippy plastic even in the cold. lots of new people gearing up to release things these days.

I just got mine in the mail last night. It is a very solid feeling plastic, but it does feel a little slick(maybe that will go away with a good wash). Unfortunately, we just got hit with a ridiculous amount of snow, so I'm not 100% sure when I will get to throw it. First impressions though: Nice looking and solid feeling plastic, feels a lot like a teebird/rival. Looking forward to getting out for a few throws!

I know that this phrase has been beaten to death, but I honestly feel like it's a longer Teebird, and it's VERY durable plastic. Can't even tell that it bounced off a couple trees over the weekend. I think that a lot of people are going to love this disc!

I heard that these are going to be really affordable. I'm guessing something like $0.20...Their slogan? Paradigm for a Pair-of-Dimes.

Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk.

Really, I have no idea. I do like hearing about new companies, though!

I threw the driver this weekend and like it. I think it was 175 grams and very Champion-like durable plastic. Stiff with a little flex. Small rim will fit any size hand. Flew really straight with a small fade at the very end. Held an anhyzer line really well. Good glide. Not a max distance driver, more like a Tbird or Eagle (maybe Valkyrie).

It should be called the Paradigm SHIFT!!!!

Hopefully these guys have a better first launch than Prodigy, Salient, or UB... Some quality new discs on the market would be nice.