• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

They could have at least tried to change their caption 😂

Heh.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Roc3.JPG
    Roc3.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 411
Wow that's impressive for Discraft.

If that keeps up this season then Innova will really wonder how bad they shot themselves in the foot not believing Paul's value to the competition.

No kidding. The number 2-6 discs all have his name on it. The number 1 disc used to have his name on it. I figured there would be a bump when Discraft signed him...but Yowza!

Wow that's impressive for Discraft.

If that keeps up this season then Innova will really wonder how bad they shot themselves in the foot not believing Paul's value to the competition.

Not really seeing how Innova got Ricky Wysoci back in the lineup after Ricy went back to Innova. He is a 3x World Disc Golf Champion.

Not really seeing how Innova got Ricky Wysoci back in the lineup after Ricy went back to Innova. He is a 3x World Disc Golf Champion.

A battle between McBeth and Wysocki on a disc golf course? A competitive duel that could go either way.

A battle between McBeth and Wysocki to sell the most discs? Not nearly as competitive, I suspect.

Ricky is indisputably a great disc golfer.
2x Open Champion speaks for itself.
But marketing-wise, PM is a just a beast (see what I did there??).

I think Innova knew what they were losing, but were not prepared to let Paul be anything other than a sponsored disc golfer.
They felt that they'd survive him leaving, and I have no doubt that they will survive.
They just won't sell as many discs.

Discraft, being a leaner, hungrier, less-dominant company, was willing to let Paul in on the business side and reap the rewards of his marketing muscle and pull.
Good for DC...
Good for Paul...

Now a bit of crow is being served for all those that say Pros don't sell discs.

2x, unless you REALLY want to count his age-protected Amateur win.

Ah forgot about that. Yes it was age protected but his Pro wins was 2, Amateur's play on a 100% different course then the pro anyhow since sometime in the 2000's PDGA has done that. The Amateur's used to play on a modified of the same courses and other easier courses in the ares that Pro players were playing in up to a point. So yeah the Age one should not count unless he was a Pro junior.

A battle between McBeth and Wysocki on a disc golf course? A competitive duel that could go either way.

A battle between McBeth and Wysocki to sell the most discs? Not nearly as competitive, I suspect.

That second one is not as competitive as Paul has more followers. However I do see the fans that make a bag as close as one can to the two players of both switching disc companies which is not good for Latitude 64 or Dynamic Disc as it seems the owners of those companies were relying on Ricky for a chunk of the sales.

I have long before Paul went to Discraft used the discs from that company as I felt they make some of the most consistent discs in terms of flight, feel it seems almost all companies have had that change though Discraft is almost that but the ESP has changed so much over the years as well as Pro D going to a softer run even now with newer runs it is still not as stiff as pre 2006 Pro D.

Of course Pros sell discs, just as long as their sponsor is willing to promote said discs/player and the Pro in question also knows how to market themselves.

I can think of many pros with signature discs that aren't moving a ton of product.

Latest posts