• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

2ekhekl.jpg

4fzr10.jpg

1080p and slowest playback speed.
Let the guessing begin !

That green in the middle has to be that Undertaker from the first video. . very few slow discs

That green in the middle has to be that Undertaker from the first video. . very few slow discs

Well, the other of that pair, at least. I'd bet the discs from orange to hot pink are all pairs of Undertakers in different plastics, And he's bagging them in pairs right now to help test out that mold.
Oranges: Big Z
Dayglow Green: Z
Hot Pinks: Titanium
4fzr10.jpg

Lets talk about whats really disturbing about this image; I'm not seeing a bead on any of those mids....

Last edited:
I don't believe that he will be carrying so few discs.

What is that 12 in the main compartment?

Plus the one he threw and then like 3 putters up top?

I don't believe that he will be carrying so few discs.

What is that 12 in the main compartment?

Plus the one he threw and then like 3 putters up top?

This is just part one in his "building a bag" video. . part one is drivers and fairways so thats whats in his bag..this time

More mids and putters in the next part/bag video

It appears discraft has a really good marketing plan so far:

-get the number one player on board

-find a unique marketing image (star wars)

-and start utilizing disc golf's premier marketer of the sport to promote your company -jomez

Its marketing 101 and they are nailing it so far....

It appears discraft has a really good marketing plan so far:

-get the number one player on board

-find a unique marketing image (star wars)

-and start utilizing disc golf's premier marketer of the sport to promote your company -jomez

Its marketing 101 and they are nailing it so far....

So you're basically saying they figured out they sucked at media before, so they left it up to things people already like and use rather than doing it themselves.

It's a great strategy for them...looking forward to seeing his discs. I always like in the bag videos and this one will be extra interesting.

This is a weird move for me because no one person or thing is associated with Innova's brand in my mind as strongly as McBeth, and it seems like such ineptitude on Innova's part to let him get away. Paul's account of it certainly sounds like they were inattentive at the very least, and possibly dishonest at worst. Slow to return emails? He has a financial stake in disc sales but they wouldn't share sales numbers?

Another thing that is nuts, Paul says repeatedly that Innova is reluctant to work with agents. Seriously? I'm guessing they change that stance after this debacle. We all say "Grow the Sport". We get excited when the USDGC has record attendance, new courses get announced and highlights pop up on Sportscenter. So umm, professional athletes have been hiring agents for like 60 years, you dolts. You don't work with agents? The best player in the sport is your homegrown talent, and he effing "grew the sport" to your great benefit as a lot of plastic was sold just because his name was on it. Take care of that asset and negotiate with him like it's the 21st century. Recognize that this sport is growing in popularity and obviously the top pros will be more marketable. They should absolutely have agents when this kind of revenue is at stake.

I worked for a small business owner of a leading manufacturer of a niche sport. Ala disc golf. And small business owners are ****ing strange people, they are a different breed. And with Daves age, he does things different and old school I'm sure.

If anyone was able to offer Paul the best deal in disc golf you would think it would be the most synonymous brand to it. But they felt in some way or another that they don't need Paul Mcbeth, or Val Jenkins for that matter...

Yeah they're the defacto brand everyone wants to be sponsored by, and I think that is working more in innova a favor than the players it seems With the way business has transpired last few years?

I'm happy for Paul and Discraft alike on this one. Kind of also, again, sours me to Innova. This among other shady deals. But really we're talking about plastic discs we throw into trees and lakes so this is all relative.

This is just part one in his "building a bag" video. . part one is drivers and fairways so thats whats in his bag..this time

More mids and putters in the next part/bag video

Yeah I saw that, although it looks like he has mids or putters in his bag during this video shoot.