• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

Oh Great...Does this mean all the Discraft Fanboys and "I been throwin Discraft ever since.." and whatnot are gonna be popping out of the woodwork?

Out and Proud Innova thrower =)

The great thing here is that Paul McBeth still is Disc Golf regardless of what he throws. Looking forward to McBeast 2019 season demonstrating that talent and hard work are far and away more important than equipment!

Not really an I have been throwing Discraft since__ but I do know when I tried some of my first Discraft discs in 2005. I now have a nearly half of my discs Innova/ half of my discs Discraft setup with a single Lighting GGGT Putter disc in my bag. I throw this as my set up just become that over time. I used to have another Lighting disc another putter and a G9i Wizard in the bag as well as a Wham-O Understable for shots that needed to go right but the disc was just too soft to use got a small dent in the plastic from hitting the ground so I found a disc to replace it after the small dent. It was just that from when I started playing in 2003-2004 the two major brands were Discraft/DGA and Innova making Disc Golf specific discs and I got used to those top brands so I do not move much from Innova and Discraft now in discs.

I could never imagine Paul throwing something other than Innova, but I'm proud for him. He's a great golfer that will be able to play with anything you put in his hand. I'm sure he secured financial stability for the rest of his life with this move. I guess he'll probably have discraft make a new mold for him since the force and machete leave a lot to be desired in comparison to the destroyer.

No they have the Punisher, that is closest to a Destroyer. I will not give up my Champion Destroyers though.

This is a cool move for a MI company. No doubt signing McBeth will help with DC exposure.

I like watching McBeth play but I'm not a hard core "fanboy". I have plenty of Innova but also Discraft mids, DD fairway drivers, and putt with Wizards. Not sure what affect, if any, this will have on my bag.

Same for me, I have my bag dialed in for the most part, just working on a new replacement for my Z XL, Z Stalker is as close As I can find and is better in flight, not as dumpy at the end of the flight.

Last edited:

Three years old, but Dion Arlyn was bagging DGA then as a Discraft-sponsored pro

Nice. I think Reefs and Aftershocks will work well with his game. Probably Hurricanes also.

No they have the Punisher, that is closest to a Destroyer. I will not give up my Champion Destroyers though.

Force??? It's the DG star wars joke: The Force kills *Ds.

Sorry I was going by how the discs actually fly or how I have seen them fly on video. Person I commented on seemed serious as he mentions the Machete which feels nothing like a Destoryer but rather more like a faster Firebird or a hair slower Xcalaber.

It appears discraft has a really good marketing plan so far:

-get the number one player on board

-find a unique marketing image (star wars)

-and start utilizing disc golf's premier marketer of the sport to promote your company -jomez

Its marketing 101 and they are nailing it so far....

I would also add how much that Discraft is doing in two tournaments on the DGPT.

Dunno about an entire division, but Jim Kenner has designed a few...

That's one thing Innova does that DC does not then. Perhaps with McBeth on board they will initiate a course development division.

Not saying McBeth will be involved but he's got some good name recognition.

Sorry I was going by how the discs actually fly or how I have seen them fly on video. Person I commented on seemed serious as he mentions the Machete which feels nothing like a Destoryer but rather more like a faster Firebird or a hair slower Xcalaber.

Between a Force and Hurricane, I don't think there's much of a Destroyer gap in DCs lineup.

Nice. I think Reefs and Aftershocks will work well with his game. Probably Hurricanes also.

Is Dion still playing mainly regionally? Always liked his game.

2ekhekl.jpg

4fzr10.jpg

That green see-through Cryztal disc second from the right is a 2015 Ledgestone Cryztal FLX Zone... or so I hope

Here's the limited proof I've got
2chwbdf.jpg

Is that even the same bag? This above is black. .. the one in the "build the bag" video was gray

Not sure if these videos are Paul's idea or at Discraft's urging, but I think they're going to see a massive surge in sales in 2019.