• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Board

TexasOutlaw

Double Eagle Member
Is anyone finding any useful information and/or discussions on the PDGA forum? I was looking for any info I could find about the buzz gt, and all I see is a bunch of grown up bickering; even some of the reps that I respected have gotten into the mix.

I was hoping for some useful information and instead walked into another "devilhawk" discussion.... Although I cannot post on that board, I really haven't found the need or inclination to do so.

Thank you Blake for having such a useful and helpful board.

lol, i just told you that there are guys on the pdga board talking about the buzzz gt, but yeah, theres two posts by guys whove thrown it and two pages of bickering, so I agree. however Im debating wether becoming a member yet or not, it would be nice to begin building my ranking, but theres only two pdga sanctioned tourneys I plan on playing in this year, so it would be cheaper to just get a temp membership for each tourney.

Do you get a # with a temp membership or no? and if so do you keep it when you get a real membership?

That board sucks ass. All the people do on there is salivate about discs that may or may not get produced in the future. Since they made it members only that board has just stunk. No real good info for the casual player.

twmccoy said:
That board sucks ass. All the people do on there is salivate about discs that may or may not get produced in the future. Since they made it members only that board has just stunk. No real good info for the casual player.

I totally agree, since it's become members only it's gone way downhill. Elietists :D

There was always a bit of resentment about non-members (or is it non-pro's?), but I still feel that it was many of these that encouraged discussion by asking questions.

There were some really good people on there. One of the Discraft reps, I thought, was a very nice guy and very professional. That is one of the Discraft guys (either reps or sponsored players) were very cordial to me. But, it seems that many of them have joined right in with the flaming and sarcasm that goes on.

I guess you can't walk through a pasture without stepping in.....

That forum is just out of control because it lets users get away with murder, it is more tightly moderated now but before it was just a dog without a leash. Now I think they should go back to how it was before but be more strict on message board policy/behavior

i spent like 3 hours crusing it one day and found about 10 posts with anything useful on it. i stopped looking on it a long time ago. the admins of that site need to do some work and limit all the BS. i was definitly really happy when i found this site.

i think i even started a thread a long time and got absolutely nothing but useless replys.

Smyith said:
i think i even started a thread a long time and got absolutely nothing but useless replys.

AND, it is the members providing these useless replies. No matter what question you asked (whether about products or technique), you had the regulars that would answer "Innova" or "Discraft". Let's not forget Skippy (name changed to protect the ambigouos), "it's a copy of a Gateway disc!" reply.

It's the equivalent of ordering some fries at McDonald's and having the cashier ask, "would you like fries with that?"

i rarely even look at any of the new topics. But i did find alot of useful discussions by going to the first pages and working my way back. Its cool seeing how the topics and discussions have changed and stayed the same in the last 5-6 years.

I did not enjoy the atmosphere there so I created my own board. http://www.uniteddiscgolf.com If I would have known this board was here I probably would not have gone through the trouble. All in all it was worth the experience and I have learned alot of new talents because of it.

grunion said:
I did not enjoy the atmosphere there so I created my own board. http://www.uniteddiscgolf.com If I would have known this board was here I probably would not have gone through the trouble. All in all it was worth the experience and I have learned alot of new talents because of it.

I checked out your website, and that Twin Parks looks like a heckuva place! :eek:

sleepy

Thanks Sleepy! Twin Parks is very nice. I recomend it to anyone that wants that extra something from the sport you desire. They cater to your needs and are realy sincere about the services they offer. Go by and check it out!!!

Thanks for swinging by my website. Its growing everyday like a weed. We are hosting basket cams so if anyone out there has some cams at home and a basket give me a shout so we can get you online. Dont forget to register in the forum!! 8)

I still use the PDGA board to research historical data/info, but only after I've exhausted the existing info on this and another DG board.

There was a time when the PDGA board was still constructive and useful...heck, Blake himself has tons of posts on there that still come up in a search. I don't read as much of the new on-going threads, but the old stuff about a certain disc, practice basket, etc. still holds true and is useful to a beginner like me. For example, the 'Looking for a Putter' thread has 10 pages of good info and was very helpful.

YMMV.

sleepy

I have learned many good things from the PDGA board, but most has been from people like Blake, not current members.

Since the beginning of winter I haven't checked out the disc golf stuff on the internet that I used to. I used to keep up on the latest plastics, molds and other stuff using the PDGA board (among other sites) and was actually thinking of becoming a member. Now that they have reduced it to a "members only" thing now I have NO interest in joining the PDGA. Especially after reading some of the stuff I have seen here about that board. It sounds like nothing has changed since the last time I checked it out.

All I have to say is thanks to whoever is running this board for keeping it open to the public.

-DAllen

I think the decision to make the pdga board exclusive to members was largely in repsonse to a lot of inflammatory posts made by nonmembers harshly criticizing the PDGA.

Today there is still some harsh criticism leveled at the PDGA and the BOD which is probably unfair. I guess they felt if they were going to have to be subjected to such public scrutiny they would atleast limit it to its dues paying members.

There's nothing wrong about an open debate and constructive criticism but many times it goes over the line. Hosting a message board can be a two edged sword. I enjoy having an arena for sharing new ideas and opinions but I've also seen the dark side where our leaders and volunteers are villified and have every decision called into question.

Private messaging is a far better method of taking up issues with our leadership, especially when what you have to say may be perceived as negative.

I am not defending the pdga's decision just sharing my take why they may have taken the action. And yes, we miss Blake and his wisdom over there.

i have been current since late january.

the reason for my lack of posting is exactly what i had predicted would happen: the people with legitimate questions can no longer post them and therefore, there are very few legitimate answers to those questions for me to post.

Latest posts