• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Coordinators What do you do?

Facebook is ok because it is free to use but not as your primary means of communication if you are promoting something. There are alot of people who don't use facebook due to work.

Facebook is ok because it is free to use but not as your primary means of communication if you are promoting something. There are alot of people who don't use facebook due to work.

Or they just don't like it.

Facebook has an immediacy to it, but that also means that important issues that are a week old tend to sink away.

If a State Coordinator's page were deemed valuable, I imagine it as having, first, a prominent calendar that lists all events in the state---already sanctioned, approved but not yet sanctioned, under consideration, as well as non-sanctioned events. With a quick link to the SC pages for neighboring states.

And, of course, all the contact info to reach the SC.

And some form of discussion where multiple TDs and the SC can discuss scheduling, especially scheduling conflicts, in one place.

Just musing. Perhaps all more trouble than it's worth, or perhaps it wouldn't get used much if it existed.

How many of you PDGA Reps participate in the EDGA Program? I know our previous PDGA Rep has helped raise money through EDGE and two 9 hole disc golf courses have been added to two middle schools in NorthWest Arkansas.

How many of you PDGA Reps participate in the EDGA Program? I know our previous PDGA Rep has helped raise money through EDGE and two 9 hole disc golf courses have been added to two middle schools in NorthWest Arkansas.

As stated above, I host an annual EDGE Tournament Charity Program event. 2013 will be the 4th year in the EDGE TCP.

I just wanted to give you an update.

I forwarded along the idea of the State Coordinator pages to Steve Ganz and he gave me permission to share his reply.

"All of what you describe below is part of the plan for the future. I want to build better affiliate club features and an extension of that will be state pages that will be auto-populated with content that is applicable to the state including dynamic schedules and discussion threads for planning, etc. "

I look forward to seeing these pages utilized.

-Rebecca

So, it is official that our PDGA rep here in Arkansas has resigned his position and appointed me to be Arkansas PDGA rep to finish his term. Thank you for all of the replies to this thread. Organizing schedules, B and Ctier approvals, EDGE program, Affiliate Clubs and more. I do plan to have a statewide unity program for our players and look forward to coming up with idea to promote the PDGA here. The challenge is the older player we have who are dead set in their ways about not supporting the PDGA and going all Southern Nationals. It comes with the location though.

Latest posts