• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Did they push the ratings update back a week? I could have sworn when the last one happened that they announced an aug4 deadline and aug25 update. Now it says Aug11 and sept1? Does that mean only one update for August/September?

Did they push the ratings update back a week? I could have sworn when the last one happened that they announced an aug4 deadline and aug25 update. Now it says Aug11 and sept1? Does that mean only one update for August/September?

I'd bet it wasn't changed. Big Dog Sweeton was at Worlds two weeks ago and on a personal vacation last week, and he's the one who does the updates. Doubt he was going to jump right from getting home from his vacation into the ratings update and have it ready to go within 24 hours.

Also, they always try to do an update right before USDGC. I would expect the next update after 9/1 is either 9/29 or 10/6.

And if an amateur competed in Pro Worlds and accepted cash, would that mean they couldn't competed in the Selinske Masters in one of the Am divisions since pros cannot competed in Majors as an Amatuer?

How would one find out as well fo someone took the $$??

And if an amateur competed in Pro Worlds and accepted cash, would that mean they couldn't competed in the Selinske Masters in one of the Am divisions since pros cannot competed in Majors as an Amateur?

How would one find out as well fo someone took the $$??
If an Am accepted cash at Pro Worlds, they lose their option to enter Majors in amateur divisions. Contact PDGA HQ to find out. They have the TD report to determine if a player took cash, merch or nothing.

Played my first ever event on Aug 1, the agony of waiting!

If it was a 1 day event, 2 rounds and the round ratings show 956 and 943, is it as easy as averaging? And does it round up? :)

I wish the PDGA would publish when they change the ratings deadlines/updates. At the beginning of the year I note the deadline/update schedule and put it in a calendar for all Illinois TDs. The dates of these matter to some of us on how we plan events and the work afterwards. I shouldn't have to periodically go find the dates buried in the FAQ to see if they have been changed again.

That said, the slip of the deadline by a week allowed me to get another event in for the next update.

Played my first ever event on Aug 1, the agony of waiting!

If it was a 1 day event, 2 rounds and the round ratings show 956 and 943, is it as easy as averaging? And does it round up?
Usually the ratings are adjusted slightly when they go official.

I wish the PDGA would publish when they change the ratings deadlines/updates. At the beginning of the year I note the deadline/update schedule and put it in a calendar for all Illinois TDs. The dates of these matter to some of us on how we plan events and the work afterwards. I shouldn't have to periodically go find the dates buried in the FAQ to see if they have been changed again.

That said, the slip of the deadline by a week allowed me to get another event in for the next update.

The "We'll get to it when we get to it" attitude is a shame.

This is the second time this year an update was pushed back due to the staff traveling. Sounds like a leadership issue to me. Maybe the individual processing reports doesn't travel if it impedes their ability to finish work before a deadline.

This is the second time this year an update was pushed back due to the staff traveling. Sounds like a leadership issue to me. Maybe the individual processing reports doesn't travel if it impedes their ability to finish work before a deadline.

Holy ****. They set up a schedule at the beginning of the year, and circumstances arise that require the schedule to be adjusted. At least they're making the changes with notice when they can.

The notion that the schedule is the schedule and must not be deviated from for any reason is not one that is based in the real world. Issues arise, schedules change, things get pushed back. That's life.

I'm with you, man. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do if I don't get that update in a timely manner. Why don't those selfish mofos think of us, the players whose ratings are on the line. Like little Timmy Jurnegan. He's been trying so hard to get out of rec, but how is he gonna know if he should approach his round like an intermediate player if he hasn't gotten the update? Oh, the humanity!

I'm with you, man. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do if I don't get that update in a timely manner. Why don't those selfish mofos think of us, the players whose ratings are on the line. Like little Timmy Jurnegan. He's been trying so hard to get out of rec, but how is he gonna know if he should approach his round like an intermediate player if he hasn't gotten the update? Oh, the humanity!

:clap:

The longer they hold off the better for my rating.

I don't have a problem if they change, it would just be nice to have that change publicized. On July 28th they stated that the next deadline was August 4th (which was the date they had put in the FAQ early in the year). They did not announce that it was moving to August 11.

Yep, figures every single round would be lower officially than unofficial, so I'm eligible for Rec again!

...nope, just can't go there...:thmbdown: