• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

lol i did so bad at this past tourny that my rating did not change at all :p 902 again (only because i shot 3 rounds rated under 800 . very bad weekend for me :/

Yeah. Most likely. Just out of curiousity I wanted to see what the TD was saying on the CDGC forum that was mentioned. Here it is. Insulting people doesn't seem like a very good way of getting people to come out to the next tourney to me.

Comment: "I was wondering this as well...Im guessing the TD didn't get the results in to the PDGA in reasonable time"

Reply by TD: "Very good observation.. well rookies and new to the scene of tournament play... the results were posted, and submitted to the PDGA, and I will follow up. However, your mid 800 rated rounds will most likely not impact your overall PDGA ratings that reflect intermediate play and recreation. Thanks for your support and coming out, I hope you enjoyed.. Beaver Jam II is already in its planning stages..."

All good ideas that have been on the back burner for a few years now. TDs get contacted regularly from PDGA HQ so it's not like the PDGA is just sitting back and waiting for tardy reports. Maybe you haven't seen the sanctioning document TDs sign off on just to host an event? Take a look at page 3: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2011SanctionAgreementV1-3.pdf which includes some of your check off items. the PDGA office has a similar checklist for TDs getting reports and fees submitted. TDs have regularly been downgraded in the tier of event they are allowed to host (or not allowed to host again) due to missing some of these goals. For the past 5 years now, all reports have been submitted by yearend if not before.
I've read the TD Documents in its entirety multiple times. However this "contractual" obligation does not insure the TD will actually perform as agreed, hence why events are not included in updated rating results. I'm not sure why TDs fail to perform such a very simple task. I played in an A-tier at the end of July and the report was completed on time, however a C-tier played in the beginning of July is still listed as unofficial and not included in the updated rating.

I think posting a report out there will get the ball rolling and may help holding TDs accountable.

Lynch 'em! :p

lynch-mob.jpg

I only had 1 event that went with this update, but i went up 8 points to 946. That's still about 4 points short of where I wanted to finish last year. Still have at least 6 pdga events before the end of the year including an A tier so I'm hoping i can get to at least 955+.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Yeah. Most likely. Just out of curiousity I wanted to see what the TD was saying on the CDGC forum that was mentioned. Here it is. Insulting people doesn't seem like a very good way of getting people to come out to the next tourney to me.

Comment: "I was wondering this as well...Im guessing the TD didn't get the results in to the PDGA in reasonable time"

Reply by TD: "Very good observation.. well rookies and new to the scene of tournament play... the results were posted, and submitted to the PDGA, and I will follow up. However, your mid 800 rated rounds will most likely not impact your overall PDGA ratings that reflect intermediate play and recreation. Thanks for your support and coming out, I hope you enjoyed.. Beaver Jam II is already in its planning stages..."

Welcome to Charlotte. Sadly I'm starting to feel like this is far too common procedure here. I asked the original question btw. We'll see what happens I guess.

Oops. I didn't even take that into consideration when I posted the pic. It's just the best pic I could find. Almost all the others were of the band Lynch Mob. :doh:

Better?
angry-mob.jpeg

Had a bad round. Now I get to sandbag Rec for a while! Just kidding. But it does make my decision of whether to play Int or Adv next week a lot easier.

Still 980, first update no change...well its only been 12 days...1 4-round event still to be entered I averaged 986 in, oh well. I'll bag if you do Chris...I dont want Biscoe mad at me too.

Ha, no change to my rating, but the other Am in the state who had a higher rating than I do moved up to Open, so now Im officially the highest in the state... until I play Open next month.