• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I dont understand why I still have tournaments from last April still showing up in my history!!! I've played 7 new events this year, including 3 this past April. My rating didnt move, still at 958. I've averaged 963 in my last 22 consecutive rds, and only have 32 in my history. I give up on trying to figure out this rating system.....

For the exact same reason I gave 1978.

Surprisingly I went up 10 points. My only tourney this year I played like garbage? Think i'm going to do a single day c tier or B tier as I am hitting tournament burnout i think!

Happy that my rating didn't fall any further, though if anyone thinks I'm mentioning the actual number in a public forum, they're crazy. Bad enough that the PDGA's been documenting my decline over the past 3 years.

I know it's just a arbitrary number, but I've flirted with getting out of the 800's a few times and never got out. Now I'm 900 exactly. Finally in the 900's. I guess I need a new, completely arbitrary goal.

I dont understand why I still have tournaments from last April still showing up in my history!!! I've played 7 new events this year, including 3 this past April. My rating didnt move, still at 958. I've averaged 963 in my last 22 consecutive rds, and only have 32 in my history. I give up on trying to figure out this rating system.....

Do you have any events that show up after April? Its past 12 months from your last event. So April '12 to April '13 would make sense.

^everything is correct, I should finally lose the CAC from last year, and possibly the 21 Hole Salute and QCS on the next update.

Happy that my rating didn't fall any further, though if anyone thinks I'm mentioning the actual number in a public forum, they're crazy. Bad enough that the PDGA's been documenting my decline over the past 3 years.

it wasn't very hard to look up when your username is your full name :)

I took cash 2 years after my very first tournament. Started playing pro at a lowly 940. Took me almost 3 years to really find any success. Most of my issues were mental. I hadn't even really played Pro yet, it was Pro2. But Advanced didn't really offer much excitement. If more people like 1978 (great beyond normal Advanced player) would move up, more of the burgeoning ams would cash, and the pro fields would also be bigger. Neither is a bad thing. You aren't going to Worlds, so maybe it's time?

Good for you Matt and that was a different time. Everyone has their own motivations, beliefs, and timelines.

Bottom line as Ive outlined before. The pro division takes money from the sport because all the money for payout comes from the players. I have no interest accepting cash, at all, until the money comes from outside the sport. I play open in tournaments that offer it and will continue to decline cash. I see no issue with that. It helps the TD. We are part of a sport that has maybe 50 true pros. In the open division its just a couple people exchanging money plus some of the Am's money. At least in the Am divisions ~50% goes back to the TD/course/club.

I've been competing at a high level in sports for 20+ years. No internet person can tell me what I need to get better or what motivates me. Im not going to this years worlds. But maybe I will go to the one 5 years from now, in no way shape or form am I declining to accept cash in open, so that I can win Am worlds. Infact, I would prefer to win the USADGC over Worlds. That course is more of a challenge to my specific skill set than any I have played in any other tournament. I played the CAC, because those 3 courses are my least favorite and most challenging to me mentally in Charlotte. Had it been at Sugaw, HN, and Bradford, I probably would not have played.

^everything is correct, I should finally lose the CAC from last year, and possibly the 21 Hole Salute and QCS on the next update.

You know how prompt we are in Charlotte. You might see the CAC on your November update.

I was just surprised you weren't signed up for Worlds. Wasn't sure what your goals were.

I had achieved all I cared to in Advanced... only had 1 win, a Points Bonanza... at Reedy... nothing to boast about... but it was a different time. It does seem crazy to me watching players hover in the high 970-990s for what seems like years, and still looking for that breakout win. There are too many good ams for everyone to win a title these days. Not saying that's your goal, but I have seen that trend a lot.

I like your reasoning though. You are a giver, not a taker.

Ratings finally changed.

Up to 949.

I'm curious though, none of my round ratings 'changed' when they went official, which usually happens. Even the rounds from AM Worlds stayed the same, and they were supposed to be fixed because the pools were all jacked up.

up 4 to 946.

BUT, the tournament I ran is not included and I'm not sure why. I'm a little bothered as I did everything on my end to make sure my player's ratings were included. :|

So frustrated as I sent everything the day after the tourney. Like in all the other places, I'll apologize here to the players of the 21 Hole Salute.

Latest posts