• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I thought the ratings update wasn't supposed to happen until 11/18? How are your ratings getting updated early? Been checking mine all day and nothing changed.

Up a couple to 962. I'd bet my last average since June is more like 975, so I'm really looking forward to next year.

down 2 to 905...

I've deduced that I need to stfu during tournaments. As soon as I get chatty, my game goes in the dumper.

I thought the ratings update wasn't supposed to happen until 11/18? How are your ratings getting updated early? Been checking mine all day and nothing changed.

Once the update begins, changes are seen. But the process of the database being updated can take several hours. And the last of the processes appears to be updating the "Current Rating" on player's profile pages. However, you can sneak peak your updated rating by clicking on Ratings Detail (to find if the most recent tourneys are in) or Ratings History (which displays your new rating).

I just looked at my page and it shows my "Current Rating" as of 10-28-14. But my Ratings History shows a rating as of 11-18-14. So if you haven't looked there, I recommend it before you get disappointed.

Down 1 again, to 955.
Only one new tournament got added, and yet again, I'm unhappy with the unofficial-to-official ratings drop.
Course 1:
939 -> 941 (up 2)
916 -> 911 (down 5)
Course 2 (first time this new course layout was used in a PDGA event):
994 -> 993 (down 1)
966 -> 949 (down 17)

Of course, the initial ratings had rounds 3 and 4 with separate scales. Once the ratings became official, they combined the rounds to a common rating scale. Round 3 stayed about the same going from initial to official. Round 4 dropped 17 damn points...

I'm pretty bummed that the TD from my August 9/10 tournament apparently hasn't submitted his report. All 3 of my rounds were 27 to 53 points above my rating. What can I do?

I'm pretty bummed that the TD from my August 9/10 tournament apparently hasn't submitted his report. All 3 of my rounds were 27 to 53 points above my rating. What can I do?

Must be something about that weekend. The results from the tournament I played that weekend haven't been turned in yet either.

Up 5 to 872. Nice pair of rounds at the AZ State Championship helps nullify (a little) one terrible round that wasn't terrible enough to drop from my ratings (827 at Show Low Daze, I suck in the wind and rain)

Two more events, 4 more rounds this calendar year. Need to average 890 to get to my year end goal of 880. Started the year at 790... things have been getting better.

Up 6 to 939 also added my highest rated round yet 995. Pretty happy about that and im excited to play more to bring that rating up more

Up 20 points! Went from 894 to 914.

I've been told the maximum increase per ratings update is 25. That said: bagger! :)

A friend of mine got a bump of 25 when his first tournament dropped off. He was playing rec in a tourney that was won by a player who only threw a buzzz and was rated 100+ points higher than everyone else. Not only that, but my buddy was in a group with a player who's self-appointed job was to explain the rules to the newbies ... continuously. Just not a good atmosphere for a first tournament. Took me a while to convince him to try again -- I expect him to pass me in the ratings race this update, btw.

Must be something about that weekend. The results from the tournament I played that weekend haven't been turned in yet either.

I played in two separate tournaments (one event, but I played different divisions each day) that weekend and they were on the next available update. I don't think anything is special about that weekend. I'm still waiting for a tournament update from a tourney that was on Aug 23rd. I contacted the TD about it this week and he admitted that he was late submitting the TD report.

If your tourney results aren't up yet I would contact the TD of that event to find out what's going on and see if this is something they are working to resolve or are even aware of. There's not much else you can do.

I've been told the maximum increase per ratings update is 25. That said: bagger! :)

There is no maximum cap on a ratings increase. Although it's hard to jump even 25 points unless maybe it's your second rating and you really tanked your first tourney in comparison.

There is no maximum cap on a ratings increase. Although it's hard to jump even 25 points unless maybe it's your second rating and you really tanked your first tourney in comparison.

Thanks Chuck. Always good to quash a rumor. The monger is helping me move some furniture today, so quashing will be delayed until after that (since I don't have steel toed shoes).