• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Smoking Ban

Do you Agree with the PDGA ban on smoking at majors?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke.

And yet you've survived just fine so far. If we threw a round, I would make every effort to keep it away from you, and would hope it wouldn't ruin your day if I took a drag off to the side.

FWIW, Foghorn wouldn't mind. He's a southern plantation boy!

It is not a rule. you say it is, but I have seen a no E-sig rule, but I do not see it mentioning patches.

It may not...but I am not trying to fix a craving....it is the ritual thing

I guess we can just put on another patch after a bad hole.

It may not...but I am not trying to fix a craving....it is the ritual thing

I guess we can just put on another patch after a bad hole.

so the rule should be over turned because you have a habit of lighting up when you botch a putt?
Read again......I said the ones that don't look like cigs

I have never seen one that does not look like a cig, what does it look like, a crack pipe?

So you will be saved by this? You are the kind of guy that should make this known and 95% of smokers would stay away from you when they lit up.

Just staying away doesn't make a difference, I can smell it from across the park.

ever think about cutting back? If your girl was in labor for 8 hours, would you walk out and risk the birth of your child just so you can smoke?

(yeah I just compared disc golf to child birth, how is that for extreme overreaching comparisons)

It takes 5 minutes to smoke. I think it takes a bit longer than that to poop out a child.

...And E-Cigs are absolutely banned, proving it's an image, not a health issue.

so the rule should be over turned because you have a habit of lighting up when you botch a putt?

I have never seen one that does not look like a cig.

No but why disallow alternatives which have no residual effect on the health or life of those in the area?

They make them....you should check it out

Just staying away doesn't make a difference, I can smell it from across the park.

So you will leave once the round is over and then not show up until the 2 min warning?

BTW the last event I played had a no smoking rule due to the wildfires in the area which was no prob....but since it was only during the round people smoked right before the horn and right after the last putt.

No but why disallow alternatives which have no residual effect on the health or life of those in the area?

They make them....you should check it out

Show me one that does not look like a cigarette, cigar, or pot smoking device.

They have stated it is for appearance, They would probably give you a warning for a bubble gum cigarette....I really want to test that theory :popcorn:

Don't play Fountain Falls then, or any other course near a bog, or landfill, or major city, or house with a chimney, or road, or..................

So far that poll is close enough to warrant us having some measure of say in the matter.

I love how the guys who are addicted to sucking dirty smelly sticks of carcinogens are picking on the guy with a legitimate health concern. You decided to become smokers, he did not decide to be allergic to your habit.

I love how the guys who are addicted to sucking dirty smelly sticks of carcinogens are picking on the guy with a legitimate health concern. You decided to become smokers, he did not decide to be allergic to your habit.

Not picking. Discussing. Sit, Ruby.

Bull$hit. Just like people that claim they are allergic to onions when they just don't like them. I understand you don't like cigs, but why lie? Huh? Why? Why lie?

Cigarette Smoke Allergy
Cigarette smoke allergy is caused by the numerous toxic chemicals and irritants found in cigarette smoke. Not only are people with a cigarette smoke allergy extra sensitive to cigarette smoke than others, but recent studies also show that smoking may actually aggravate allergies. Common cigarette smoke allergy symptoms may include: burning or watery eyes, nasal congestion, or coughing.

your smoking can aggravate his hayfever or seasonal allergies. it is not a myth, it is a real condition documented by science.

So you will leave once the round is over and then not show up until the 2 min warning?

BTW the last event I played had a no smoking rule due to the wildfires in the area which was no prob....but since it was only during the round people smoked right before the horn and right after the last putt.

No, I've obviously been dealing with it. I'm just hoping all parks ban smoking.