• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"pDGA"?

You sure that's what the paid consultants do? I neither know nor particularly care, but had the impression that they are paid for specific services that the staff can't provide. Ratings, perhaps. Seems unlikely they're paid just to preview courses for Majors.

Ratings is in a different category from consulting oh great drinker of pDGA kool aid Mr Sauls. Could you possibly be bothered to actually read the one-page pDGA budget before posting? Heck, that would be a good use of your time that we saved for you when we informed you why we use a small p.

The care part wasn't clear. Why would you post your clearly unknowledgable opinion if you don't care?

The "neither know" part was perfectly clear.

Last edited:
Sorry for clouding the issue. I was asking Robert if he was sure about his post---hence, quoting him and asking "(Are) You sure...."

I'm strangely afflicted with the tendency to be curious about things, even if I don't care about them.

I get it now, you're trolling me too. You fooled me into thinking you cared by posting in this thread 15 times.

Nice troll job. I am again impressed.

Sorry for clouding the issue. I was asking Robert if he was sure about his post---hence, quoting him and asking "(Are) You sure...."

I'm strangely afflicted with the tendency to be curious about things, even if I don't care about them.

It's curious that your strange affliction has brought out of the woodwork those with the strange affliction of chronically knowing more than decision-makers know..... despite not having the benefit of having all the facts nor having a complete perspective.

It's curious that your strange affliction has brought out of the woodwork those with the strange affliction of chronically knowing more than decision-makers know..... despite not having the benefit of having all the facts nor having a complete perspective.

....for which I apologize to anyone else who may have stumbled into this thread.

In my defense, I did try to ask exactly what the "pDGA" was intended to mean, without going into why the users dislike the PDGA. I got my answer to the former, at the price of unleashing the latter, which I knew was a risk.

No biggy IMO. We in the Internet peanut gallery are like the five blind guys and the elephant. There is probably plenty of truth spread around in posts in this thread..... But some here seem to think that since they have been around a while that they are not blind.

As to the PDGA, as I stated in the original post, I'm personally fine with people not liking it. In is inevitable that people will dislike at least some aspects of any organization, let alone one like ours. And that some will support the organization in spite of the aspects they dislike; some will oppose it, as the things they don't like outweigh the things they do (if any).

And some say others are blind, but can't seem to present any data to support their assertion that others are blind. Must be a side effect of kool-aid :)

And some say others are blind, but can't seem to present any data to support their assertion that others are blind. Must be a side effect of elitism :)

fixed that for you

And some say others are blind, but can't seem to present any data to support their assertion that others are blind. Must be a side effect of kool-aid :)

You must not be talking about me since I provided personal first hand data regarding the fulfillment search the PDGA had done that countered your claims/charges. And, I admitted a limited perspective in that post.....and I will freely admit that I am a "blind man" since I have a very limited perspective.

For instance, I find your charge of overseas travel by the ED as frivolous (my words) to be ridiculous speculation since I suspect that you have no idea of his itinerary, goals, or accomplishments on those trips. Unless those who make frivolous accusations have solid data to back it up, only fools end up taking heed. I don't know.....maybe fools are your target audience.....

Last edited:
Also, I never said anyone was blind (other than myself in my last post). Similes and metaphors are OK, but I try hard to steer clear of name calling.

Dave what options does the average current member like myself have to get the more detailed information about the pDGA that would allow one to better estimate where our membership fees and tournament sanctioning fees are spent?

Dave what options does the average current member like myself have to get the more detailed information about the pDGA that would allow one to better estimate where our membership fees and tournament sanctioning fees are spent?

I don't know. Never looked into it or had the discussion with anyone in the know.

The budget has 16 main categories of expenses that detail where money is spent. There are 70-100 subcategories (depending on how you count/combine). Are you looking for a broken out cost for each of these subcategories?

My guess is that even that would not satisfy you nor would it answer the questions of "why are you spending what you spend".....or questions of improprieties.

I am assuming the PDGA could/might provide more a detailed breakout upon request if they felt like it was something that furthered their stated mission. I have no expertise in disclosure policies of non-profits and/or membership organizations, but there are audits where the books are opened to those with expertise in these areas.

I think whether or not you like or support the PDGA, it is insulting to refer to them in any-other way than the PDGA. I always feel it reflects more on the person using the lowercase P than it does on the organization itself.

I see just these same kind of threads about other organizations in their respective forums and in most cases I can't see or don't quite understand where they're coming from.

While my own involvement in the PDGA goes back more than 20 years, I don't pretend to know all that goes on but I will say I have taken issue with the consultants they continue to use year in and year out. I think some of the views that some consultants have actually hard the PDGA without the board realizing it.

PS - This may become my new signature...

"It's curious that your strange affliction has brought out of the woodwork those with the strange affliction of chronically knowing more than decision-makers know..... despite not having the benefit of having all the facts nor having a complete perspective."

I have taken issue with the consultants they continue to use year in and year out. I think some of the views that some consultants have actually hard the PDGA without the board realizing it.

Who are the consultants that the PDGA uses/contracts and what functions do they serve? I am aware of Chuck Kennedy and the other dude (whose name escapes me right now) who do ratings.

I know there are a bunch of people who do things for the PDGA (testing, rules, course reviews for big events, EDGE, etc) but I am not clear on who is a consultant, who is a volunteer, and who is a committee member on a volunteer basis.

Latest posts