• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pendaries Spring Classic, A-Tier, Maple Hill Open & USADGC Qualifier

added my rounds from last tournament to my scorebook. +15, +13, +14.

Tough course and was my first "real" tournament. A lot of room for improvement. Most proud of birdie-ing hole 17.

For 54 holes I had 6 birdies, 19 pars, 16 bogies, 7 doubles and 6 triples.

Only holes I scored par or better on for the whole tourney were 7, 10, 11.

Getting excited to tackle this place again.
Hole 17 is one of the more tough birdies to get on that course. Good job! That huge uphill driv is a biatch.

I don't think the course is forehand friendly except for 2 holes, hole 4 (big FH), and 14 (I think). The rest of the course is very RHBH friendly. Hole 4 can be birdied with a backhand and hole 14 can be birdied with a thumber over the top.

The tournament is one of the best of the year, too bad it couldn't be a secret forever. Marcos...you are the 'man'....and Jason is the other 'man'! I love the course, will there be any changes this time?

I don't think the course is forehand friendly except for 2 holes, hole 4 (big FH), and 14 (I think). The rest of the course is very RHBH friendly. Hole 4 can be birdied with a backhand and hole 14 can be birdied with a thumber over the top.

The tournament is one of the best of the year, too bad it couldn't be a secret forever. Marcos...you are the 'man'....and Jason is the other 'man'! I love the course, will there be any changes this time?

Thanks Joe! The layout will be the same. One addition is there will be rubber tee pads on all holes that we aren't teeing off concrete!! No more slipping on wet and worn grass!

Awesome Marcos, wet grass tees was the only complaint I had. Very excited to play the course again...and again and again.

We convinced the course owners that an investment in tee pads is a win-win. Increases player safety and quality of play while preserving the grass.

I don't think the course is forehand friendly except for 2 holes, hole 4 (big FH), and 14 (I think).
A monster RHFH would be beneficial on hole 8 too. At least for your first two or three shots depending on your distance. Also, on hole 15 a spike hyzer RHFH around the trees to the left is a good line, but that could be done with RHBH as well.
I never thought about it, but you're right...definitely more friendly to those throwing RHBH. FANTASTIC course and tourney though!

I really hope someone films this event. It certainly has a lot of potential to be a great tournament

Marcos - Yea played the longs. MA1.

My goal is to shoot fewer double/triple bogies!! lots of room for shedding strokes there.

Last edited:
I really hope someone films this event. It certainly has a lot of potential to be a great tournament
Ive seriously considered this, but how can you go to Pendaries and NOT play?! Also, I just dont have the patience to do all the editing.

Thanks to KDFrosty, we will have video coverage of the event!! With a stacked MPO field on a beautiful course, it's going to be awesome! Look for it in the tourney videos thread after the event!!

Is KDfrosty filming? or did he just find someone to film?

Also - How do you MPO players attack the par 5? Big forehand or turnover? (assuming RHBH) Which Discs?

Marcos can tell you how he plays it, but I don't have a 450 ft sidearm to throw off the tee. A straight 400-420 ft shot puts you out in the open with room to crush the 2nd shot. I throw 550ish depending on the wind so my 2nd shot gets up far enough to pitch up a gator short and get a putt. I went 5p, 4, 7pp, so I don't know if I can be much help. If you have a 500 ft sidearm and a 600 ft backhand, you might be looking at an eagle.

Thanks to KDFrosty, we will have video coverage of the event!! With a stacked MPO field on a beautiful course, it's going to be awesome! Look for it in the tourney videos thread after the event!!

Awesome! Can't wait to see this. Hopefully I can get the time and dough to make this event in the next year or 2

Marcos can tell you how he plays it, but I don't have a 450 ft sidearm to throw off the tee. A straight 400-420 ft shot puts you out in the open with room to crush the 2nd shot. I throw 550ish depending on the wind so my 2nd shot gets up far enough to pitch up a gator short and get a putt. I went 5p, 4, 7pp, so I don't know if I can be much help. If you have a 500 ft sidearm and a 600 ft backhand, you might be looking at an eagle.

I'll have to consider going for a more straight drive this time. Ending up anywhere short or right of that area leaves you in a PITTSBORO, whereas clearing all those trees allows the "crush" second drive. However If you drive too far or allow the disc to hyzer and skip (rhbh), you could be looking at OB right off the bat. Just another example of how great this course is.

I went 6, 7, 8 on this hole. many p's.

We got the course set up this weekend and it will open for public play on Tuesday. The layout will be the same with one exception. There is water in the pond behind the green on 16. Even if the water goes down by tournament time it will be muddy so it will be strung as OB. Course is in great shape. Should be greening up nicely by tournament time. It is currently playing pretty fast and skippy. We also will have the rubber tee lads (for the long tees) on all holes that aren't off of the cart path.

As for hole 8, I play a big forehand off the tee and try to get around the corner. Where I end up dictates how I go at it from there. The key is to be on the right side of the fairway for the easiest approach to the green. Unless you can throw as far as Joe can!

Latest posts