• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pens Goalie is a Discer

I was going to post this. Repping a Dynamic Discs Sticker on the back of his helmet, he got picked up as part of their Celebrity team.

Uh oh. I was looking forward to a game in Grand Rapids where the WB Penguins are in town so I could try and get DeSmith to sign a Disc. If he's going to do well up where Jim Price's heralded "tall buildings" stand, it's gonna be way tougher to ever check that one off my list!

You can see the basket on the back of his helmet in the picture gallery on NHL.com. Photo 28 of 78. Gotta zoom in to really see it...

Unless ya bleed Black and Gold, ya wouldn't understand! Nice find.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to understand, but I don't bleed black and gold, so.....

Do you have to bleed black and gold to understand he plays disc golf? Trying to understand..:confused:

He's getting the start tonight. Coach Sullivan says he's playing the hot goalie.

34 saves for the Disc Golfer in a 3-1 win tonight. Had help from the post… twice. He's given up 4 goals in his 3 starts. Not bad for a stupid frolfer.

34 saves for the Disc Golfer in a 3-1 win tonight. Had help from the post… twice. He's given up 4 goals in his 3 starts. Not bad for a stupid frolfer.

Beat me to it...
Awesome game, no matter what. Lots of solid saves, and he did save a couple nice ones. Really is playing well.

If you hit the cage and bounce out in disc golf, it's a bad putt. If you're an NHL goalie and they hit the post, it's usually because that's all you gave them to aim at. I'd definitely take 4 goals in 3 games no matter who my goalie was. At 650K a year that's looking really good.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in more status. He appears to have a promising future.

If you hit the cage and bounce out in disc golf, it's a bad putt. If you're an NHL goalie and they hit the post, it's usually because that's all you gave them to aim at. I'd definitely take 4 goals in 3 games no matter who my goalie was. At 650K a year that's looking really good.

Reminds me of a story I read in Ken Dryden's book about an interview Jacques Plante gave after a game in which he faced like 50 shots. The reporter asked Jacques about the 3 shots that hit the post to which Jacques replied "What? I am supposed to stop the ones that are wide too?"

Latest posts